Third eye lid visible - lots of sneezing

Old December 4th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Just Me

Default Third eye lid visible - lots of sneezing

Had kitty to vet last week for leukemia test and was negative. Got first
part of leukemia shot. He's been sneezing and his third eyelid is visible.
I never noticed that in the 8 years I've had him. His eyes don't look
healthy. He had diarrhea as did my other two kitties. I gave him deworming
pills. Any idea what it might be? He goes back to vet next week. I hate
to have part two of leukemia shot given when he's under the weather and yet
I hate to wait too long.

Old December 4th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Just Me" wrote in message
ink.net...
Had kitty to vet last week for leukemia test and was negative. Got first
part of leukemia shot. He's been sneezing and his third eyelid is
visible.
I never noticed that in the 8 years I've had him. His eyes don't look
healthy. He had diarrhea as did my other two kitties. I gave him
deworming
pills. Any idea what it might be? He goes back to vet next week. I hate
to have part two of leukemia shot given when he's under the weather and
yet
I hate to wait too long.

I know that shots make my girls feel under the weather for a few days, but
it's usually just warm noses and laying around EVEN more than usual, and
not eating much. Wonder if he picked up a UTI at the vet? If I were you I
might call the vet and describe the symptoms. You are giving them enough
business, they can advise you between visits. My vet has me give
Chlortrimton
for congestion and sneezing. 2 mgs every 12 hours. (Of course don't do this
without asking your vet.) Good luck.

Old December 4th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Just Me

I think I will switch vets. This one is a nightmare....she's sooooooo rude.
I only started going there cuz she's close to home. It's so unfortunate
when people are 'unapproachable' , especially someone who is in business and
should be professional.

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .

ink.net...

Old December 4th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Just Me" wrote in message
ink.net...
I think I will switch vets. This one is a nightmare....she's sooooooo
rude.
I only started going there cuz she's close to home. It's so unfortunate
when people are 'unapproachable' , especially someone who is in business
and
should be professional.

Sounds like a good idea. I just switched both vets and doctors, and I am
really happy. If they (the doctors or their staff) make you feel
uncomfortable
in ANY way, I think it's time to shop around. Why not pay the same money
to someone who makes you feel good about your cat's care and your own?

Old December 4th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

In the meantime, I would call the vet who gave the shot and tell her
about the symptoms and see what she says. I wouldn't wait to treat
these symptoms.

cybercat wrote:
ink.net...