OUR LATEEST NEW FELINE FREIND

Old December 12th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default OUR LATEEST NEW FELINE FREIND

Just after dark last night there was a knock at the door.I got to
answer it,but as I looked through the glass,I couldn't see
anyone...Thinking that it might be someone who had just walked away, I
opened it but saw no one-then I looked down & there he was....a most
splendid middle aged ginger fellow.He looked at the bowl, then at me
most repraochfully..I asked him politely if he would wait @ the door,
but he just walked straight in & followed me straight through to the
kitchen where he proceeded to give me some wonderful leg rubs before
helping himself to the moggies food bowls.After a fine feast, he made
his way through to the living room,where he chose the most comfortable
chair &slobbed-out for the night!!
This is not the first time we have seen him;he has been a fairly
regular visitor for some months now, but he has never knocked on the
door before last night.This morning he went out for a morning stroll,
then returned for his breakfast(& knocked on the door, most politfuly
again!),& returned to *his* chair again.How could I say no?Looks like
we have ourselves another lodger again)
S.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelagh...RLATESTVISITOR

Old December 12th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

sheelagh wrote:
[...]

nice as long as he is not stresses out any of your current felines,
chexck that they are ok with all this and not hiding out under a bed
somewhere

Old December 12th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sheelagh" wrote
S.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelagh...RLATESTVISITOR

He's gorgeous!!

Old December 12th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

bookie wrote:
nice as long as he is not stresses out any of your current felines,
chexck that they are ok with all this and not hiding out under a bed
somewhere
He seems to be acting like we are the visitors lol!It is as though he
has always lived here.The others are a very docile crew & are very
tolerant indeed.I have made a bit of a muck up here by posting the same
thing twice-sorry folks,mistake)
I am going to take him to the vets in the morning just to see if
anything can be done about his toe's, & to make sure that he is fine
and well too, with no added extra's like worms ect.I have just used
some stronghold on him as he had flea's, but should he need any further
work done, we will get it out the way too.
S.

Old December 13th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:55:10 -0800, sheelagh wrote:

[...]

Your house is apparently his home away from home. He has probably decided
he likes your home the best. Congratulations. MLB

Old December 13th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

mlbriggs wrote:
Your house is apparently his home away from home. He has probably decided
he likes your home the best. Congratulations. MLB

Thank you).I am a little concerned that he might belong to someone
else, so this evening, we printed up some picture's of him & we intend
to put one in the vets window, & also some around our area on the
telephone poles too, just in case... I would hate somone to start
feeding my cat if the positions were reversed.However, I have already
asked a few people in the same area as me & it looks/sounds like he
used to belong to an old man who died recently.Nevertheless,... I want
to be sure before I fall head over heals for him(I think I might have
done that already,unwhittingly...?!!)He has been around for sometime
now @ the communal feeding bowl, but he has never actually knocked on
the door before,lol...He has such impeccable manner's too &knows
exactly when to flutter those wonderful eye lashes at me.
He has spent most of the evening sitting on my feet nuzzeling my
shoe's-I imagine that he likes the portable scent emmiters lol?!, But
has recently retired to *his armchair* for a nice little snooze
(inspecting the inside of his eyelids of course,lol).After a big fat
belly full of royal canin complete ,& a good portion of sardines as
well.
In the morning-or should I say later,I am taking him down to the vets
to see if he needs any other attention other than his shot's, as I
notice that he has a couple of broken toe's on his rear paw.It is not
a new injury, but I want to be certain that they are not causing him
any pain;he has allowed me to look at them if that is any
indicator?Although strongholded for fleas & worms,I am looking for
advice on a good worming product to cover all worms?
The rest of the feline family(the girls), have had a very good bottom
smelling session whilst he was eating,but he paid them no heed & there
has been no eye to eye contest between them either, so I am feeling
quite optomistic about him.
He has a new name too.Considering a recent ringworm problem, & a little
help from Lynne, he is now called Ringo Spice-rack...rather a
Mouthful,but it suites him.
He has lived with someone who loved him dearly, because he is soooo
friendly, & has found the time to give us all a good leg weaving
session, head butt rub's & is even a lap - sitter too.He even allows
the kids to handle him as well.All in all,he is a lovely well mannered
cat indeed-Watch this space.....
S.

Old December 13th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:24:26 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

The rest of the feline family(the girls), have had a very good bottom
smelling session whilst he was eating,but he paid them no heed & there
has been no eye to eye contest between them either, so I am feeling
quite optomistic about him.
He has a new name too.Considering a recent ringworm problem, & a little
help from Lynne, he is now called Ringo Spice-rack...rather a
Mouthful,but it suites him.
He has lived with someone who loved him dearly, because he is soooo
friendly, & has found the time to give us all a good leg weaving
session, head butt rub's & is even a lap - sitter too.He even allows
the kids to handle him as well.All in all,he is a lovely well mannered
cat indeed-Watch this space.....

He sounds like a wonderful kitty! Love the name, too.

--
Lynne

Old December 13th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

He sounds like a wonderful kitty! Love the name, too.

--
Lynne

And thank you too ).It was you that came up with the inspiration you
know!
It is well past my bedtime over here, so going to grab a few hours
before our appointment @ the vets.Ringo has just been out for a quick
spend a penny, & came straight back in & currled up in a ball
again,utterly oblivious to all the excitment that he has caused of
course!

I am hoping that when I take him to the vets later this morning, that
she might know him & enlighten me as to who cared for him before me;it
is more than obvious that someone cared about him, even if it is not
recently-It will be interesting to see how old she thinks he is as
well.My guess is around 6-7ish years old.He is no spring chicken, bit
not ancient either.
G'night folk & fill you in tomorrow....
S.

Old December 13th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
none

"sheelagh" wrote in
ups.com:

I am going to take him to the vets in the morning just to see if
anything can be done about his toe's, & to make sure that he is fine
and well too, with no added extra's like worms ect.I have just used
some stronghold on him as he had flea's, but should he need any further
work done, we will get it out the way too.

Great photos and such beautiful cats! What camera are you using?

I admire your kindness in caring for all these animals. I'm so paranoid
already about animal illnesses (after dealing with it for awhile) that I
would have quarantined that beautiful orange tabby if I discovered the
fleas and before I took him to the vet.

How can you be sure your other cats didn't catch some fleas from him?
Old December 13th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"sheelagh" wrote in
oups.com:

.Considering a recent ringworm problem

How did you spot the fleas and what were the symptoms of ringworm?
It's so hard to catch. Even cats who you think might have ringworm test
negative for it and it's something else.