love love love

Old December 24th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

Default love love love

I moved Jupiters kittens yesterday, took them out of the large box..
they needed more room
they are growing fast

I wanted Jupiter to be able to lay out flat and comfortable, not penned
to the wall or cramped.

aaaahhh.. now everybody is laying on a pallet in the warmest corner in
the house

Jupiter loves it. Only thing.. in another week.. kittens are gonna
start meandering away from their bed. (wouldn't wanna step out of my
bed and crack a neck or something)...

lemme tell you something, cats are hard work, it's an ongoing chore to
keep up behind them.

you've just stepped out of the shower, you're squeeky clean... you fix
yourself a grilled cheese sandwhich and pour yourself a glass of icy
cold milk. you set down to eat... then you hear

bluuuuraaaacccchhhhtttt! a big juicy hairballs turns loose and you hear
it hit the floor
(while you're swallowing grilled cheese)...

:

cats are nasty at large.. they are ready to live as funky as anyone
wants to serve up.
they will lay in their own crap, cats eat their dead if need be.

I love cats.. once you get in a groove taking care of them, it's not
really that bad
BUT IT IS NON-STOP.

I have a large upright piano in my studio. I have to move the piano
just to get the hair out from under it!

now.. about this litter-box. you miss scooping one bowel movement.. the
cat steps in it a little bit...
now you got cat **** on you dining room table.

you got 5 cats? then you got cat **** all over your house.
you don't smell it cause your used to it, but other people do

cats are not for casual cleaners. cats are for the tidy and well kept

you're sitting there eating a small serving of oyster stew, you look up
and there is a cat with it's tongue up it's ass plowing away while you
try to eat.

It used to be I wouldn't let a cat or dog lick their butts in my
presence.
dogs are easy to break. but cats are not quite so motivated.

cat hair? pfft! cat hair. it's an ongoing battle for many.

I know a very clean woman, her person, her house, her car etc.. clean
clean

she runs a small animal recovery home. she might rescue a squirrel, or
a cat, or a dog, or a bird..etc. she's on a national list of people who
can for example give rescue care to a hawk or an eagle.. stuff like
that.

HER FLOORS ARE FUNKY...

she can't keep up with them.. yes her house looks clean, you look
down.. and it's hairy.

AND SHE WONDERS WHY SHE DON'T HAVE NO MAN.
she may not want a man.

I do all sorts of heavily discounted work for her, seeing that she is
so kind to animals
or I simply do it for free.. as a way of giving something to her
efforts.

just thought I'd give everyone a heads up on the funk.

we become calloused to the funk... but remember how clean it was before
cats came onboard?

it's no wonder that most animal care facilites use a water hose to
clean up behind the animals.

I'm saying... I must have the clean I had before these pets.

sanity and cleanliness go hand in hand

I didn't know why I was depressed till I scraped up all the hairballs
behind the bed
behind the dresser... behind the toilet...

omg! it's a hairball a day. juicy slimy hairballs for daddy.

and they are dumb little animals.. cute entertaining etc.. but they are
not team players
they have no clue what you are up to unless you're opening a can of
tuna

I've been curling up with Jupiters litter. she is totally cool.
most of the kittens have their eyes open...
when I put my nose on their head.. they hiss at me. lmao

how the hell am I going to keep this place clean with 7 extra cats?

Ruprecht set me way back with shedding. I still have hair under this
900 lb piano.
Ill just have to rip all the ****ing carpet out and pull the ****ing
piano into another room for a minute.

Jupe and Lucy don't shed that much.. not yet...
Lucy used to be a nervous shedder. you couldn't kiss her neck without
getting 10 hairs glued to your lips.

I love them yes, but cats are not for the faint hearted, cats are not
for lazy people.

cats will drag you down if you let them

remember, cats don't care if the place is clean or not.
they will bury crap with crap and still walk on your countertops

they are nasty little bitches to one another sometimes... there's you
loving little putty tat

little bitches! little terd cutters and shedders

Old December 24th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"addicted" wrote in message
ps.com...
I moved Jupiters kittens yesterday, took them out of the large box..
they needed more room
they are growing fast

I wanted Jupiter to be able to lay out flat and comfortable, not penned
to the wall or cramped.

aaaahhh.. now everybody is laying on a pallet in the warmest corner in
the house

[Christmas Eve Snippies]

I agree with the subject of this poast.

And have one comment: older places are just harder to keep clean than
younger ones. The house I lived in for nine years before this one? 100+
years old, plaster walls, 12-foot ceilings. tall windows, wide baseboards,
painted wood floors that were chipping and not sealed. I never had a really
good vaccuum cleaner, but if I had, sucking all the dirt out might have made
the house fall apart!

The one saving grace--no carpet. Carpet collects smells and such.
Sealed hardwood, tile, laminate, are all better.

Merry Christmas Eve, Granpa Bigbad.

Old December 24th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

cybercat wrote:

Merry Christmas Eve, Granpa Bigbad.

good point about an old house

I shouldn't have ranted so loud

I was just nuzzling the kittens
they smell like sour milk
maybe jupiter just **** before I stuck my face into the nest
lmao

here barry, get some of this

Old December 24th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

addicted wrote:
cybercat wrote:

Merry Christmas Eve, Granpa Bigbad.

good point about an old house

I shouldn't have ranted so loud

I was just nuzzling the kittens
they smell like sour milk
maybe jupiter just **** before I stuck my face into the nest
lmao

here barry, get some of this

try some stuff called 'Urine-Off' not sure if it is available in the US
yet but it is made by some company here in the UK and it really does
work. i used it on my car front passenger seat months after my old cat
tegan empited her bladder on it onthe way home fromthe vets (back in
january i think) and it got rid of the smell after all that time. I
picked a bottle of it up at the national cat show at olympia (london,
england), £9.99 for a 500ml spray bottle, bit pricey but definitely
worth it as it does work, much better than stuff like febreze etc.
can get it for dog urine as well, it seems to contain enzymes which
basically digest the urine and other stuff (just like enzymes in your
body do, and in biological washing powders) and are specific to cat pee
and vomit and such like, and has other things to stop a cat from
wanting to revisit an area to pee there again.

go to www.rlpetproducts.co.uk to see if you can get hold of this stuff
where you are, they may ship it over or they may already be exporting
it to the US

merry crimble, Bookie and Jessie

Old December 24th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

bookie wrote:

try some stuff called 'Urine-Off' not

thanks bookie

and do what with this stuff? spray it all over the cats?

it was just a little poot, I think my timing was bad

Old December 24th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

addicted wrote:
bookie wrote:

try some stuff called 'Urine-Off' not

thanks bookie

and do what with this stuff? spray it all over the cats?

it was just a little poot, I think my timing was bad

no you spray it on the area they have just peed on, leave it to dry and
soak in for a bit then wipe off the excess. leaves behind a fairly nice
smell, better instructions on the bottle if you get some

Old December 24th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

cybercat wrote:
[Christmas Eve Snippies]

I agree with the subject of this poast.

And have one comment: older places are just harder to keep clean than
younger ones. The house I lived in for nine years before this one? 100+
years old, plaster walls, 12-foot ceilings. tall windows, wide baseboards,
painted wood floors that were chipping and not sealed. I never had a really
good vaccuum cleaner, but if I had, sucking all the dirt out might have made
the house fall apart!

Yes - but OH! What charm! My house in Indy was a 1918 brick duplex - a
lovely place. 3000 sq. ft o n each side. I'd love to have that house
again.

I'm going offline for a while. Hope you guys (general rpch+b friends,
rfc friends and groupie-types) have an awesome Holiday and a very
prosperous, wonderous New Year!

-L.

Old December 25th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

-L. wrote:

Yes - but OH! What charm! My house in Indy was a 1918 brick duplex - a
lovely place. 3000 sq. ft o n each side. I'd love to have that house
again.

they can be nice, I know what you mean, lots of bang for the bux
If you're going to remove the last 100 years of dead skin cells
(for the reading impaired.. that last sentence means... dead skin cells
from the people who used to live there) unless the floors have been
well cared for, its best to rip down to the sub-floor.. or take a layer
of skin off the floors (sanding)

Engineered wood floor products are fantastic for the money and the
look.
the higher end products carry up to a life-time replacement warranty.

Over the past 2 days, I have pulled all the carpets out of my house.
they are loaded in the truck ready for the landfill. I have all
original hardwood floors. they are clean, but ugly as heck.

I would love to re-do my whole house in lite oak, it would cost me
about $1.50 sf
(that includes the underlayment/moisture barrier, musn't forget that!)

I'm going offline for a while.

Im going to waffle house for a while.