PETA response

Old January 30th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stick Waver

Default PETA response

Response from PETA re the YouTube video of the cat spa kitty washing
machine:

Thank you for contacting PETA about the animal cruelty video you
found on YouTube.com.

We share your concern about this important issue; we have received
many complaints about this video. The information has been forwarded
to the appropriate staffers in our Domestic Animal and Wildlife Rescue
& Information (DAWR&I) Department for their review.

We also recommend you voice your concern by filing a complaint at
http://www.ic3.gov, a Web-based reporting center developed by the FBI
to combat Internet fraud and other forms of internet crime, being sure
to stress the influence that this video may have on additional cases
of cruelty. To learn more about actions you can take in response to
Web sites depicting cruelty to animals, see
http://www.PETA.org/actioncenter/onlinecruelty.asp.

For more information about how you can help animals, please visit
PETA’s Web site http://www.PETA.org/actioncenter.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention and for all you
do to help animals!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Collins
Senior Correspondent
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Old January 31st 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Stick Waver" wrote in message
[...]

I contacted the Sacramento office of HSUS about this same site. The person I
contacted said he is researching the launderpet site and is also sending the
information HSUS headquarters. He said it’s possible this is a hoax, but he
will follow through and will keep me updated.

I also asked about some of the links purporting to show that HSUS has an
agenda to prohibit pet ownership. He responded that "we often see that
statement from those who wish to create a smoke screen about their own
activities by trying to marginalize legitimate animal welfare groups. Our
website Pets section shows we celebrate the bond between humans and the
animals that live with us." He went on to say this: "It's a ridiculous
statement and has no basis. We have a whole Companion Animals section that
devotes all of its time to protecting pets."

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'

Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

Old January 31st 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

Default SPAM

On Jan 30, 5:18?pm, Stick Waver wrote:
Response from PETA re the YouTube video of the cat spa....

snip

It is quite obvious to me that PETA is a criminal organization. I
will not even allow my spell-check to recognize their vile, slanderous
name. Their words have no place in here.