Spayed but appears to be in season

Old February 26th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lornie2312

Default Spayed but appears to be in season

I am hoping someone out there can help! I have a 16 month old part siamese
cat. She is spoilt rotten and was lovely, until 4am this morning! I had her
spayed the minute the vet said it was possible and it went without any
problems.

Last night for the first time ever I noticed other cats in our garden, i
didnt think anything of it until 4 am this morning Rossi woke us up as she
was rolling all over the landing on her back making weird noises and
breathing with her mouth open.

I walked downstairs and heard another cat go out the cat flap so decided to
shut her in. When i got up this morning i let her out and straight away she
went and laid in the middle of the lawn and 2 tom cats came to her and 'did
bad things'!!!

I have kept her in but she wont stop calling and rolling herself about.

Can anyone help with some advise or should she be taken straight to the vets
tomorrow to see whether there is a problem?

Many thanks
Lornie

Old February 26th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

Doesn't sound like she is neutered. Call the vet or you will be
having a litter of kittens.

Old February 26th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:53:17 GMT, "lornie2312" u32078@uwe wrote:

[...]

It is possible that the vet who spayed her accidentally left some
ovary tissue.
Old February 27th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:53:17 +0000, lornie2312 wrote:

[...]

Off to the Vets! MLB

Old February 27th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lornie2312 via CatKB.com

After another sleepness night due to the crying i have just got back from the
vet and basically they have told me to leave her for about 3 weeks until she
shows sign of perhaps coming back into season. There is a possibility that
some tissue could have been left in her but the vet assures me that 'this
would be very rare'.

Hmmmm, will keep you updated!

Old February 27th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
silvercelt

I've never heard of this happening before. Be interesting to hear
what happens.

Old February 28th 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lornie2312 via CatKB.com

silvercelt wrote:
I've never heard of this happening before. Be interesting to hear
what happens.

Well last night was a bit calmer, she seemed to sleep constantly but i
suppose she is a bit knackered!!!!! She has managed to escape this morning so
i could not keep her shut in!