We home!

Old March 7th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default We home!

Jupiter is fine, I just walked in the door, she's in there eating.

They gave her a tattoo; I've never heard this mentioned on here.

I have list of 6 vets in my area that will give her a free post exam
in a couple of weeks, Ill try get her booster in the same visit.

She shed a little hair, I guess all the nervous stuff, they trimmed
her claws too.

Barry

Old March 7th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jupiter is fine, I just walked in the door, she's in there eating.

They gave her a tattoo; I've never heard this mentioned on here.

A tattoo?? Huh?? Does it say "I love my Harley" or something like that?

I have list of 6 vets in my area that will give her a free post exam

How about the vet who did the surgery? Doesn't the vet who did the surgery
want to do the follow-up? Isn't the follow-up included in the cost of the
surgery? Again, I've never heard of such a thing as a surgeon who charges an
additional fee for suture removal/post-op exam.

in a couple of weeks, Ill try get her booster in the same visit.

She shed a little hair, I guess all the nervous stuff, they trimmed
her claws too.

Glad she's home and doing well.
Best regards,
---Cindy S

Old March 7th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Mar 7, 6:23 pm, "cindys" wrote:
"Barry" wrote in message

ups.com...

Jupiter is fine, I just walked in the door, she's in there eating.

They gave her a tattoo; I've never heard this mentioned on here.

A tattoo?? Huh?? Does it say "I love my Harley" or something like that?

lol.. naaahh.. They told me it was so they would know she's been
spayed.

I have list of 6 vets in my area that will give her a free post exam

How about the vet who did the surgery? Doesn't the vet who did the surgery
want to do the follow-up? Isn't the follow-up included in the cost of the
surgery? Again, I've never heard of such a thing as a surgeon who charges an
additional fee for suture removal/post-op exam.

Exactly, but they are not a regular vet clinic, all they do is low
cost spay/neuters.
Any vet on the list they gave me will do the follow up for free, so it
was in the price.

I am glad it was affordable, I can see where a vet might want 200 bux
to do the same.
I think 200 dollars is reasonable.

They told me the stitches were internal and won't need to be removed.

Jupiter is gray underneath her black hair... they shaved her belly all
over, and pretty far up her chest too...

Did I mention, or did you know, she was about 2 weeks pregnant? yeah.
For this reason, they told me.. give her about 14 days before I let
her near any males.

I guess she can still be attractive to a male?
I thought she would not have any more cycles...

I don't let either of my cats outside... they have both gotten by me a
few times.
She won't get out.

She is sleeping by the wood stove now. Thanks for asking

---Cindy S

Have we had this conversation before?
I must be real tired, Im having massive dejavu right now.
I even remember telling I was having dejavu.

Barry

Old March 8th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Jupiter's spay

They told me the stitches were internal and won't need to be removed.

Makes sense, as the service they provide is to people who probably won't do
follow-up vet visits. There are stitches that dissolve in time, I think.

Awwww.

Did I mention, or did you know, she was about 2 weeks pregnant? yeah.
For this reason, they told me.. give her about 14 days before I let
her near any males.

I guess she can still be attractive to a male?
I thought she would not have any more cycles...

She won't but she probably stills smells like heat. he endocrine system will
have to catch up with the spay.

I don't let either of my cats outside... they have both gotten by me a
few times.
She won't get out.

Given how fast and strong she is, I might take the extra precaution of
closing her in another room when you know you are going to, say, be bringing
things in and out, or will have the door open for any length of time.

I'm so glad you got her spayed, and I know you are too. Good job taking care
of your girlycat.

Old March 8th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Mar 7, 7:16 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
They told me the stitches were internal and won't need to be removed.

Makes sense, as the service they provide is to people who probably won't do
follow-up vet visits. There are stitches that dissolve in time, I think.

I think it has more to do with keeping all the vunerable skin inside,
makes sense to me. (Far less chance of infection)

I haven't looked at it yet, I don't want to handle her.

THANK HEAVENS I DON'T HAVE A HOUSE FULL OF REBELLIOUS LOUD
INSUBORDINATE DRAPE APES... I'd have to kill'em

Old March 8th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Barry when we brought home Ka'Shay I swear she was dead. Nothing but
touching her would get her to even move or look at us. The next day she
was bouncing till she ran out of energy and fell asleep wanting to be held
and loved on. Than after her nap bounce some more.
Just be careful when you pick her up. If you hurt her she will let you
know and we can come visit you in the hospital

ps.com...

Old March 8th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 7, 7:16 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
They told me the stitches were internal and won't need to be removed.

Makes sense, as the service they provide is to people who probably won't
do
follow-up vet visits. There are stitches that dissolve in time, I think.

I think it has more to do with keeping all the vunerable skin inside,
makes sense to me. (Far less chance of infection)

I haven't looked at it yet, I don't want to handle her.

Does she look noticably smaller in her belly? My cat did.

Old March 8th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 7 Mar, 21:26, "Barry" wrote:
Jupiter is fine, I just walked in the door, she's in there eating.

They gave her a tattoo; I've never heard this mentioned on here.

I have list of 6 vets in my area that will give her a free post exam
in a couple of weeks, Ill try get her booster in the same visit.

She shed a little hair, I guess all the nervous stuff, they trimmed
her claws too.

Barry

thank god for that, can we have some photos too? what have they
tattooed on her?

dont; understand why you need to take her to a different vet for post-
op exam though, what is wrong with the guy who did it?

Old March 8th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 7 Mar, 21:26, "Barry" wrote:
Jupiter is fine, I just walked in the door, she's in there eating.

They gave her a tattoo; I've never heard this mentioned on here.

I have list of 6 vets in my area that will give her a free post exam
in a couple of weeks, Ill try get her booster in the same visit.

She shed a little hair, I guess all the nervous stuff, they trimmed
her claws too.

Barry

thank god for that, can we have some photos too? what have they
tattooed on her?

dont; understand why you need to take her to a different vet for post-
op exam though, what is wrong with the guy who did it?

He explained that, right? Did you read all the posts? It is a special
low-cost spay program.

Old March 8th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Mar 7, 7:44 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

Does she look noticably smaller in her belly? My cat did.

That was the first thing I noticed.

To Matthew, sounds like they might have given her a little too much
pain med or sedative.

Barry