and one more introduction here -

Old April 21st 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Default and one more introduction here -

Hello everyone! I'm new to the group but have been lurking for a couple years
& occasionally posting since last summer, so I decided it's past time to
formally introduce my cats & myself. I'm Mari, probably a little older than
many here, live in Canada & have had cats since 1970. My present cats are
Coco who's now 5 & Little Devil, the trouble-making terror who I can't
believe will be 3 this fall. Coco is a very sweet gentle light beige-brown &
white bicolor DSH boy with amber eyes. Little Devil is a high-spirited
totally incorrigible but lovable black & white tuxedo boy with beautiful
golden eyes. He was a short-haired cat the first year here but his hair's
gradually been growing longer & now he's a medium, almost long-haired cat.
When I first brought him home as a maybe 3-4 month kitten, my family was
afraid of him (biting, scratching, hissing) & said he had "evil eyes" but he
settled down quickly - still very high-spirited, very curious, still always
into mischief or worse ("come here you little monster") but doesn't bite,
scratch or act aggressively towards us. I worked very hard the first couple
weeks to break that behavior & kept him separated from the other cats & us.
We still had Tigra, our elderly gray & black tabby girl who was 18-1/2 & not
doing well when Little Devil first came into the house but she perked up
after his arrival & lived another year before she was put to sleep in late
Sept 05. All of my cats have been rescues - some dramatic, some sad, one an
unauthorized removal from a research center, some I still can't understand
why they'd been abandoned.

I always enjoy reading about everyone's cats, & like others here, shake my
head in disgust when someone takes the time to post on the internet about
what to do in such & such a situation when it's pretty obvious they need to
get to a vet ASAP. So hello again to everybody.
M.

Old April 21st 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 21 Apr, 15:29, "mariib via CatKB.com" u22469@uwe wrote:
[...]

Hi Marrie,
I have spoken to you so many times & it is now wonderful to put a name
to the initials. It is always so much eaier when you can put a little
background to the person with whom you share news with..

your cats sound utterly delightful. Is there any chance that you might
be able to post some photos of them sometime too? I would really enjoy
that...
S;o)

Old April 22nd 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

&
[...]

Thanks for the intro, I enjoy your posts. We'd all love to see the kitties.

Old April 22nd 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:28:58 GMT, "cybercat"
wrote:

Thanks for the intro, I enjoy your posts. We'd all love to see the
kitties.

Ditto what she said!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech
Old April 22nd 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

cybercat wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm new to the group but have been lurking for a couple
years

[quoted text clipped - 34 lines]
get to a vet ASAP. So hello again to everybody.
M.

Thanks for the intro, I enjoy your posts. We'd all love to see the kitties.

Thanks for everyone's welcome. The weather is finally starting to warm up
here & I'm looking forward to working in my garden again in another couple
weeks. Lots of pictures of my kitties to see on webshots under my screen
name mariib. Enjoy!
M.

For Coco http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27789...50028271TTjKKD
For Little Devil http://pets.webshots.com/photo/23400...50028271uaYpTs

My older cats, long gone to the RB can be seen in the other album
Whiskey http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21443...50028271RJRjVE
Tommy (& Whiskey) http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20803...50028271IfHNiP
Ginger http://pets.webshots.com/photo/22303...50028271ZmFHbU
Tigra http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20971...50028271vnuXRw

Old April 22nd 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Sat 21 Apr 2007 08:50:11p, mariib via CatKB.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:710f261203cc0@uwe:

Thanks for everyone's welcome. The weather is finally starting
to warm up here & I'm looking forward to working in my garden
again in another couple weeks. Lots of pictures of my kitties
to see on webshots under my screen name mariib. Enjoy!

We finally had a warm Saturday here, too. Hearing the sounds today
of a newly hatched nest of sparrows under the soffet over the front
door, even though I thought I blocked it off. :*( Sure sounds of
spring.

Loved the pics, and Tigra looked like an exact duplicate of the first
cat I had on my own, Marley. Welcome to the group.

--
Cheryl

An Introduction Randy Cat anecdotes 37 June 6th 06 03:09 PM
Introduction Chris Cat anecdotes 20 October 11th 05 03:29 PM
Introduction Biskybabe Cat anecdotes 15 June 28th 05 02:33 PM
Introduction pistor Cat anecdotes 38 February 23rd 05 05:08 AM
Cat introduction Cathi Cat anecdotes 2 September 2nd 04 03:05 AM