Ping Cat Protector

Old April 27th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

Default Ping Cat Protector

I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your cats whom
you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You might want to
reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!

There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go to www.itchmo.com
to read all of them.

Full details at:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...reats_20070427

BREAKING NEWS: Blue Buffalo Recalls All Canned Dog and Cat Food, As Well As
Treats

Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:

* All Blue brand can dog foods
* All Spa Select brand can cat foods
* All Blue Health Bar treats.

The release indicates that rice protein was added without their knowledge to
these products. Blue Buffalo attributes this to "tampering" by their
contract manufacturer American Nutrition, who was connected to several other
recalls on Thursday.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:34:43 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your
cats whom you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You
might want to reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!

I sincerely hope his/her cats are not effected. I also hope s/he will STFU
now!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech
Old April 27th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

wrote:

I'm not posting this to gloat, I am genuinely concerned about your
cats whom you've said eat only this "quality", "holistic" food... You
might want to reconsider that "crap", Fancy Feast!

I sincerely hope his/her cats are not effected. I also hope s/he will STFU
now!

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech

is your name cat protector?

Old April 28th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Full details at:http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...ned-dog-and-ca...

BREAKING NEWS: Blue Buffalo Recalls All Canned Dog and Cat Food, As Well As
Treats

Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:

* All Blue brand can dog foods
* All Spa Select brand can cat foods
* All Blue Health Bar treats.

The release indicates that rice protein was added without their knowledge to
these products. Blue Buffalo attributes this to "tampering" by their
contract manufacturer American Nutrition, who was connected to several other
recalls on Thursday.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Do I understand this right...that they recalled the food simply
because it contained rice protein, but
that specific rice protein hasn't been determined yet whether or not
it is tainted?
I also hope his cats are okay.

Sherry

Old April 28th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 27, 8:29 pm, Sherry wrote:

Do I understand this right...that they recalled the food simply
because it contained rice protein, but
that specific rice protein hasn't been determined yet whether or not
it is tainted?
I also hope his cats are okay.

Sherry

-L. mentioned bad rice last winter. this is probably the same rice.
rice carrying ecoli dna I think

Old April 28th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:29:40 GMT, Sherry wrote:

Do I understand this right...that they recalled the food simply
because it contained rice protein, but
that specific rice protein hasn't been determined yet whether or not
it is tainted?

Oh I seriously doubt that food will test negative. Blue Buffalo may say
they weren't aware of the ingredient being added to their food and they may
claim "product tampering" but you can damn well bet SOMEONE at that company
knew and knows and that is why they pulled the product.

I don't believe this finger pointing for a second.

Old April 28th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

And if you read some of the blogs at itchmo.com, you'd find that there are a
number of people who have sick cats or cats that have died because they have
eated Fancy Feast, even though it is not on the recall list. These problems
have been reported to the FDA.

S.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

$5.00 Reward to Cat Protector Barry Cat health & behaviour 40 April 18th 07 10:23 AM
My protector Matthew Cat anecdotes 1 December 26th 06 11:47 PM
My protector Tanada Cat anecdotes 0 December 26th 06 01:55 AM
OT - sp. - was Cat Protector at it again PawsForThought Cat health & behaviour 136 March 8th 04 07:59 PM
Cat Protector at it again Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 70 February 23rd 04 08:10 PM