Trusting your Cat Food

Old April 30th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Trusting your Cat Food

I've got to agree with blkcatgal, you CAN'T trust any of the old stand-
by name brand pet food anymore. Look at what they have done. IAM's
and Hill's Science used to be vet formulated for "premium" pet food,
with holistic ingredients. They sold out to Proctor & Gamble, Colgate-
Palmolive, etc, and then their formulas were changed to increase
profits, while adding non-nutritious and even harmful ingredients!
Purina, which was the "Coca-Cola" of the pet food industry, an old
trusted name, has also gone the cheap protein route. The only real
solution is to find a pet food where QUALITY and control over quality
is important. I researched it myself because I didn't know what to
feed my pets. I found a pet food formulated by a vet (ironically, the
same vet who created the ORIGINAL formulations for IAM's and Hills'
Science). She maintains control over the food, sells it strictly by
home delivery because she doesn't trust stores to store it properly or
not to store it to the point of staleness. She even does weekly
conference phone calls where people can call in with questions about
their pet's nutrition, or just listen if you want. Anyone that wants
info, just email me )
Our pets depend on us to make the right decisions about their food!
Joanne

Old April 30th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got to agree with blkcatgal, you CAN'T trust any of the old stand-
by name brand pet food anymore. Look at what they have done.

I agree with Phil. I feel Purina, and my cats have never been in better
health. Fancy Feast is now owned by Nestle-Purina, and the dry I
feed is Purina One.

I am not saying that it could never happen that Purina has a problem,
but it has not happened yet.

Old April 30th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

cybercat wrote:
I've got to agree with blkcatgal, you CAN'T trust any of the old stand-
by name brand pet food anymore. Look at what they have done.

I agree with Phil. I feel Purina, and my cats have never been in better
health. Fancy Feast is now owned by Nestle-Purina, and the dry I
feed is Purina One.

I am not saying that it could never happen that Purina has a problem,
but it has not happened yet.

that we know of --- yet ---- I'm also feeding Purina, but having started to
read some of the blogs & info being leaked, I'm nervous & not just about pet
foods. Too many conglomerates, too little control & lots of misinformation.
So far, my cats are healthy but I look everyday at the recall lists.
M.

Old April 30th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chatnoir

On Apr 30, 10:18 am, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I've got to agree with blkcatgal, you CAN'T trust any of the old stand-
by name brand pet food anymore. Look at what they have done.

I agree with Phil. I feel Purina, and my cats have never been in better
health. Fancy Feast is now owned by Nestle-Purina, and the dry I
feed is Purina One.

There must be something addictive in Purina One! When I have that,
The cats will eat it in preference to the dry food I feel is mcuh more
healthy!

Old May 1st 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, chatnoir exclaimed (01-May-07 4:16 AM):
On Apr 30, 10:18 am, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I've got to agree with blkcatgal, you CAN'T trust any of the old stand-
by name brand pet food anymore. Look at what they have done.

I agree with Phil. I feel Purina, and my cats have never been in better
health. Fancy Feast is now owned by Nestle-Purina, and the dry I
feed is Purina One.

There must be something addictive in Purina One! When I have that,
The cats will eat it in preference to the dry food I feel is mcuh more
healthy!

I am not saying that it could never happen that Purina has a problem,
but it has not happened yet.

Must be the same thing in cat food as people food: healthy tasty.
My last vet called Meep a Junk Food Junkie because of her wet food
choices. Does that "ick" foot-shake thing when I'd put down the healthy
stuff, and won't touch it even if she's starvin'. To her "this ain't food!"

jmc
Old May 1st 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

It has happened with Purina. In the seventies there was a problem with the
cans. I never used any Purina anything ever again. A Siamese cat that I
had adopted because he had been a show cat but was neutered so could no
longer be shown. He died very suddenly before I could even get him to the
vet. The Purina situation was in the news at the time. I know that whoever
worked there is probably long gone now and it's probably a very different
story.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old May 1st 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, chatnoir exclaimed (01-May-07 4:16 AM):
On Apr 30, 10:18 am, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I've got to agree with blkcatgal, you CAN'T trust any of the old stand-
by name brand pet food anymore. Look at what they have done.
I agree with Phil. I feel Purina, and my cats have never been in better
health. Fancy Feast is now owned by Nestle-Purina, and the dry I
feed is Purina One.

There must be something addictive in Purina One! When I have that,
The cats will eat it in preference to the dry food I feel is mcuh more
healthy!

I am not saying that it could never happen that Purina has a problem,
but it has not happened yet.

Must be the same thing in cat food as people food: healthy tasty. My
last vet called Meep a Junk Food Junkie because of her wet food choices.
Does that "ick" foot-shake thing when I'd put down the healthy stuff, and
won't touch it even if she's starvin'. To her "this ain't food!"

Purina IS healthy food. Food can be healthy AND taste good.

Old May 1st 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"barb" wrote in message
It has happened with Purina. In the seventies there was a problem with
the
cans. I never used any Purina anything ever again. A Siamese cat that I
had adopted because he had been a show cat but was neutered so could no
longer be shown. He died very suddenly before I could even get him to the
vet. The Purina situation was in the news at the time. I know that
whoever
worked there is probably long gone now and it's probably a very different
story.

I was around back then, though a child.

In any case, my apologies to those who it offends, but the Purina One dry
and Nestle/Purina Fancy Feast cat food I have been feeding my cats for
a long time has not made them sick.

I'm kind of happy about that. I hope you all understand.

It was pure luck that I was feeding that, instead of one of the brands
that used tainted grains--that and the fact that I have a cat who has
a wheat allergy, so I read the labels and don't feed her anything
that has wheat in it.

Old May 1st 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"barb" wrote in message
[...]

I had listened to my vet for years and years and only fed mine SD dry
(didn't clue to the fact that he also sold that brand - DUH!!). It was only
when Bandit was so badly burned at the vet and wouldn't eat that I tried
tempting her with a variety of smelly (to me) canned foods and hit on FF as
being the most desired. I was worried that it wouldn't meet their
nutritional needs so I researched it - be damned if it wasn't better for
them than the SD!!! OK, no-brainer, they loved it and it was good for them!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 3rd 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chatnoir

On May 1, 3:43 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"jmc" wrote in message

Suddenly, without warning, chatnoir exclaimed (01-May-07 4:16 AM):
On Apr 30, 10:18 am, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

egroups.com...

[...]

So is Potato Chips - LOL

So trusting :-) Adrian A Cat anecdotes 4 February 12th 07 07:37 PM
why do the dogs like to eat my cat's food more than uits qwn food?? kenatalie Cat health & behaviour 5 September 23rd 05 10:32 PM
Costco's Kirkland Cat Food = Premium Cat Food? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 22 January 20th 05 06:48 PM
Making dry food look/smell/taste like wet food Ray Ban Cat health & behaviour 20 October 29th 03 11:17 PM