my cat is miauing and I don't know why

Old June 5th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Mooney

Default my cat is miauing and I don't know why

Jacob is a 10-week old cat and I have had it for about 2 weeks. He adapted
to living by me almost immediately and he was a very sweet cat.

However, about 2 hours ago he started miauing constantly. I called for him
and he came right to me. I petted him a few moments but he jumped off my lap
and began miauing again. There is plenty of food and water availible. It is
comfortable temperature so what ails him? why the constant miauing? I have
even picked him up and look for anything that may be painful.

I do know that the flea drops (From Sergeants) that I placed on him last
week hasn't had any effect whatsoever. The fleas are rather thick and I am
constantly combing the cats fur und dunking them into a soap and water
solution where they sink and drown. But I can get in only a few swipes at a
time as he leaps off my lap and goes into the other room.

Yesterday I ordered Frontline for cats from 1800Petmeds.com. They even gave
me an extra pill when I told them I had four cats. The regular pack had only
3 pills in it. I am on disability and receive a small amount of money each
month and the 42 dollars for each month that the fleas are around will but a
burden on me but my cats are worth it. I cut back on my expanded cable and
discontinued HBO and I have no regrets about losing those luxuries. I love
my cats,

David Lee

Old June 5th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jun 5, 10:50 am, "David Mooney" wrote:
[...]

Could be the fleas, but then again if your my siamese cat, Waco, you
just meow and meow and meow until you get what you want. In his case,
it's outside. I bring all my cats in at night, but he will cry, and
cry, and cry wanting to be let out again. It just about drives me
bonkers at times. I have stopped giving in to him and after a time he
will settle down and stop with the meowing but man alive! It drives
me nuts until he does!

Old June 6th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:50:16 GMT, "David Mooney"
wrote:

Yesterday I ordered Frontline for cats from 1800Petmeds.com. They even
gave me an extra pill when I told them I had four cats. The regular
pack had only 3 pills in it. I am on disability and receive a small
amount of money each month and the 42 dollars for each month that the
fleas are around will but a burden on me but my cats are worth it. I
cut back on my expanded cable and discontinued HBO and I have no
regrets about losing those luxuries. I love my cats,

I don't know what to say about the mewing. As another poster suggested,
some cats and especially Siamese can be very vocal. If it continues or it
become frantic, I'm afraid a trip to the vet is probably in order.
Especially if he doesn't urinate and/or defacate or appears uncomfortable.

As to the fleas, if you keep your cats indoors (as you really should, 100%
of the time), you should be able to eliminate the fleas from your home
completely with 2 treatments per cat. The second treatment should be 30
days after the first. Frontline, by the way, is a topical treatment, not a
pill. So long as no other animals visit your home and you don't bring
fleas in from somewhere else, you may not need to treat them every month.
The little buggers do find a way in (sometimes on a rodent you don't know
has visited) so keep an eye out and treat at the first sign if they recur.

--
Lynne
Old June 6th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"David Mooney" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

David My rumble does this he wil lgo thru the house and meow or mew he
will do this al the time till someone talks to him than he comes running
back to who ever talked to him get some loving and go back doing it again.
He did not do this till after he had his seizures and my vet said it is a
part of his epilepsy where he forgets where every one is and goes looking
for them even though he just left your side

Old June 6th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

There's really nothing wrong with letting your cats outside as long as
it's in a safe and contained area that has been "cat-proofed" and no
other predators can get in. Always look to the safety of your cat
first. I do not approve of letting cat's run around the
neighborhood. If this is the only choice, Lynne is right, keep them
indoors 100% of the time. But they do enjoy some outside time so if
you're in a situation where you can build a "cat enclosure" by all
means do so! The cats love it and you can really have some fun
building ramps and hidey holes, planting cat nip and all kinds of
other things that your cat will love you for!

Old June 6th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

wrote in message
ps.com...

There's really nothing wrong with letting your cats outside as long as
it's in a safe and contained area that has been "cat-proofed" and no
other predators can get in. Always look to the safety of your cat
first. I do not approve of letting cat's run around the
neighborhood. If this is the only choice, Lynne is right, keep them
indoors 100% of the time. But they do enjoy some outside time so if
you're in a situation where you can build a "cat enclosure" by all
means do so! The cats love it and you can really have some fun
building ramps and hidey holes, planting cat nip and all kinds of
other things that your cat will love you for!

I myself am going to fix up the green(house) room that was an add-on to the
house when we bought it. I've already got a lot of plants started in there,
and the couple times I've let Joxer in there with me he seemed to enjoy
sniffing around, and he doesn't like to go outside outside anymore, and I
think it would be a good place for him to relax and get away from the
dogs(they're not trying to attack him or anything, they just don't
understand he doesn't like to play the same way they do). When the catnip
that finally sprouted grows up, I'm gonna put in there for him. He's a good
mouser too(he likes chipmunks as well, as I found out when he brought in a
fresh kill and put it on my bed and nudged it into my shoulder...I don't
think he got why I wasn't impressed), and I keep hearing mice/rats climbing
and squeaking in the wall in there(when it was built they put insulation on
the walls but didn't cover it on the ceiling, and the stuff they did put on
one of the walls in a small section(right next to the door, maybe at best 1
foot wide), where it's thinnest to make room for the light switch, it broke
there, so that's exposed too. Don't like hearing them in the walls when I'm
in there, it creeps me out...keep expecting to see them start to swarm out
of the walls.

Old June 6th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

On Jun 6, 12:25 pm, "Lilah Morgan" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

Try a few mouse traps baited with peanut butter.