What is the most high-maintenance part of a cat?

Old July 11th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

Default What is the most high-maintenance part of a cat?

My vote is the paws. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

Old July 11th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl wrote:

My vote is the paws. *sigh*

Well...vet costs, which cover the whole cat...
Old July 11th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

My vote is the paws. *sigh*

Butt. Well, that's the part that causes me to do the most work.
Old July 11th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
judas you

On Jul 11, 1:30 am, Cheryl wrote:
My vote is the paws. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

lol, paws?

I thought all this scratching took care of them
they sure scratch enough

I can't cut my cats nails, they would never let me do it
I'm just not trained to handle them in this way

I did help a lady once, her cat's toenail had grown out and under the
pad...
the cat was limping. I gently pressed the cats knuckle, the claw came
out...
then the lady she clipped it. The lady was holding the cat and
clippers.

If I had some help I could do it. It can't be that much to pay
someone.
I've been wanting to get them cleaned real good anyway, all the winter
hair is coming off.

Old July 11th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 11 Jul, 02:30, Cheryl wrote:
My vote is the paws. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

their fur, even with my 2 shorthaired divas it is a still a fight to
comb them and get rid of loose fur and stuff, i dread to think what
having a longahired is like

Old July 12th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

My vote is the paws. *sigh*

for me? Lip balm. ;-)

--
Lynne
Old July 13th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:42:44 -0700, bookie
wrote:

On 11 Jul, 02:30, Cheryl wrote:
My vote is the paws. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

their fur, even with my 2 shorthaired divas it is a still a fight to
comb them and get rid of loose fur and stuff, i dread to think what
having a longahired is like

My longhair Nipsy really doesn't shed much at all. In contrast, my
shorthaired Espy sheds just standing there. I can watch him and see
hair falling off. I can't believe he isn't bald yet.
Old July 14th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Wed 11 Jul 2007 09:11:04p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.97.142:

on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

My vote is the paws. *sigh*

for me? Lip balm. ;-)

I can believe that! At the time I posted this, I had yet another
cat with a paw problem. I don't mean claws (I can either clip
them, or wait and have the vet do them -- I don't stress that). I
just had Rhett in for a paw flare-up (his yearly, it is turning out
to be. Must be seasonal for him) and then Scarlett started licking
one of her paws more than usual. You can tell when it isn't normal
grooming. I looked over her paw and found what I thought was a
piece of kitty litter stuck on her paw, wiped it off and thought
that was the end of it. Well, she still wasn't leaving it alone.
No redness, no swelling, but obviously something bothering it. She
isn't limping, is playing, and nothing else seems amiss. The other
day I worked from home and could observe everyone, but of course
everyone slept during my work hours. Ah, must be the life being a
cat. Then yesterday she was still licking it alot. I've been
flushing it with a cleaning agent I got from our vet for Rhett's
paw problem. Her licking it is calming down, and if it didn't I
would suspect something other than a skin problem; something like a
twist or sprain because the vet mentioned that at Rhett's last
visit. That sometimes they will lick when it's something like
arthritis.

--
Cheryl

Old July 14th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 12 Jul, 02:11, Lynne wrote:
on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:30:25 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

My vote is the paws. *sigh*

for me? Lip balm. ;-)

--