Skin spots

Old July 31st 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ken Knecht

Default Skin spots

My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
medications suggested?

I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Old July 31st 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
medications suggested?

I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

What did the vet say it was? Just a wild guess since I haven't seen it and
I'm not a vet, but I would consider ringworm.

Hugs,

CatNipped

TIA

Old July 31st 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 31 Jul, 14:41, Ken Knecht wrote:
My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
medications suggested?

I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Benedryl is a antihistamine. If that is what your vet told you to do,
then check by making a quick call to them asking them to confirm that
this is in actual fact what they wanted you to do, & whilst your
there, it might by an idea to ask them why they suggested that too.
Good Luck,
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 1st 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheerin

On Jul 31, 9:41 am, Ken Knecht wrote:
My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
medications suggested?

I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

could be fleas? but yeah try for ringworm

Old August 1st 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Ken Knecht wrote:
My cat gets a small red spot or three in the thin fur in front of her
ears every once in a while. I've tried drug-store OTC antibiotic ointment
but it has no effect. Eventually they go away, but I'm never sure they'll
go away the next time or not multiply. They don't seem to bother her. Any
medications suggested?

I think once the vet once said a half of a Benedryl tablet?

TIA

I got my cat Coco when he was about 6 months old & over the next year, he got
similar small red spots in front of his ears above his eyes 3 or 4 times,
which each time developed into larger lesions that looked kind of ugly. The
vet said it was some type of eczema and/or allergy & I found putting on
ointments was useless as Coco rubbed it off immediately. He was given a
steroid shot a couple times & after the 4th bout, my vet suggested he be
given Derm Caps daily which is a liquid vitamin supplement with omega-3 and
omega-6 fatty acids. He gets 0.5 ml. every day in his food & has been for the
past 4 years, & hasn't had a recurrence since.

Derm Caps liquid drops are not expensive, is easy to add to canned food, is
well tolerated by my cat & is worth a try.
M.

Do cats get hot spots? Corey Kaye Cat health & behaviour 20 December 25th 06 10:23 AM
Hot spots? C Schmidt Cat anecdotes 3 March 4th 06 05:24 PM
Hot Spots lj Cat health & behaviour 2 January 21st 06 08:53 AM
Spots around ears? JJ Cat health & behaviour 0 January 20th 06 09:56 PM
Oblong skin lesions in cat; skin condition or neighbor's tomcat? KA Turner Cat health & behaviour 9 November 9th 03 10:55 PM