lonely cat :(

Old August 7th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MyClue

Default lonely cat :(

Hey everyone

i only have one pet, my 2.5 year old cat. I recently started working
and she's left in my house alone all day 9-5. I really don't want her
to be lonely during the day but adopting another pet isn't really an
option. Any suggestions for what I can do to make her feel like she
has company? Would a radio playing all day do the trick?

Old August 7th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:01:43 -0700, MyClue wrote:

Hey everyone

i only have one pet, my 2.5 year old cat. I recently started working and
she's left in my house alone all day 9-5. I really don't want her to be
lonely during the day but adopting another pet isn't really an option.
Any suggestions for what I can do to make her feel like she has company?
Would a radio playing all day do the trick

Yes. Alternate between music and "talk". MLB
Old August 7th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

If getting another cat isn't an option, try to rotate her toys every
few days to mix it up. Put some away and take some "new" ones out.
Leave out a paper bag or cardboard box, and make sure she has a nice
cat tree.

If your tv is newer, you can program it to come on at certain times.
Animal Planet or Discovery channel might be good options. They make
some DVDs for cats too, if you're interested.

Put a bird feeder or squirrel feeder near a window so she has some
entertainment.

You can buy treat balls (plastic balls that have a hole in them so
treats come out) and hide them around the house.

Old August 7th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bonbon

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:51:05 -0700, "Rene S."
wrote:

If getting another cat isn't an option, try to rotate her toys every
few days to mix it up. Put some away and take some "new" ones out.
Leave out a paper bag or cardboard box, and make sure she has a nice
cat tree.

If your tv is newer, you can program it to come on at certain times.
Animal Planet or Discovery channel might be good options. They make
some DVDs for cats too, if you're interested.

Put a bird feeder or squirrel feeder near a window so she has some
entertainment.

You can buy treat balls (plastic balls that have a hole in them so
treats come out) and hide them around the house.

These are all wonderful ideas that Rene S. suggested. You also might
want to consider a small goldfish tank for her to watch. Goldfish are
easy care.

-bonbon
Old August 8th 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Adam Helberg

wrote:

If getting another cat isn't an option, try to rotate her toys every
few days to mix it up. Put some away and take some "new" ones out.
Leave out a paper bag or cardboard box, and make sure she has a nice
cat tree.

If your tv is newer, you can program it to come on at certain times.
Animal Planet or Discovery channel might be good options. They make
some DVDs for cats too, if you're interested.

Put a bird feeder or squirrel feeder near a window so she has some
entertainment.

You can buy treat balls (plastic balls that have a hole in them so
treats come out) and hide them around the house.

These are all wonderful ideas that Rene S. suggested. You also might
want to consider a small goldfish tank for her to watch. Goldfish are
easy care.

-bonbon

Better still put Bonbon in a cage for the cat to watch.

Adam

Old August 8th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

These are all wonderful ideas that Rene S. suggested. You also might
want to consider a small goldfish tank for her to watch. Goldfish are
easy care.

-bonbon

This is a good idea too! Some cats love watching fish. Make sure the
bowl/tank is secure and has a lid so it's kitty proof.

Old August 8th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bonbon

These are all wonderful ideas that Rene S. suggested. You also might
want to consider a small goldfish tank for her to watch. Goldfish are
easy care.

-bonbon

Better still put Bonbon in a cage for the cat to watch.

Adam

Hey, I'd do it Adam........however, I'm pretty high maintenance and I
believe that's what the OP was trying to avoid.

Laughs!

-bonbon
Old August 8th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bonbon

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 06:09:48 -0700, "Rene S."
wrote:

These are all wonderful ideas that Rene S. suggested. You also might
want to consider a small goldfish tank for her to watch. Goldfish are
easy care.

-bonbon

This is a good idea too! Some cats love watching fish. Make sure the
bowl/tank is secure and has a lid so it's kitty proof.

I thought about that too Rene S after I made that suggestion, and then
thought to myself.....'is ANYTHING really kitty proof'? They're such
little rascals.

-bonbon

Old August 8th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

This is a good idea too! Some cats love watching fish. Make sure the
bowl/tank is secure and has a lid so it's kitty proof.

I thought about that too Rene S after I made that suggestion, and then
thought to myself.....'is ANYTHING really kitty proof'? They're such
little rascals.

-bonbon

Weeeeeeell, maybe it can't be totally kitty proof. I was thinking more
along the lines of not having an open bowl sitting there, where kitty
could just help himself to a snack!

Old August 8th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
silvercelt

On 8 Aug, 11:06, "Rene S." wrote:
This is a good idea too! Some cats love watching fish. Make sure the
bowl/tank is secure and has a lid so it's kitty proof.

I thought about that too Rene S after I made that suggestion, and then
thought to myself.....'is ANYTHING really kitty proof'? They're such
little rascals.

-bonbon

Weeeeeeell, maybe it can't be totally kitty proof. I was thinking more
along the lines of not having an open bowl sitting there, where kitty
could just help himself to a snack!

Plenty of toys and a big comfy bed and some music and she be having a
party Get toys where you can hide treats in them and that helps
her keep busy too.