Vomiting cat, after a tape-worm tablet.

Old September 20th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eddy Bentley

Default Vomiting cat, after a tape-worm tablet.

Hi.

Are there any vets or people-in-the-know who can help with this one?

Last night we gave both our cats their three-monthly tape-worm tablet
after they had had a good meal. 10 hours later one of the cats vomited
up his entire meal. The other cat was fine.

Is it necessary to repeat the giving of the tape-worm tablet in a couple
of weeks' time? Or does the 10-hour interval between receiving and
vomiting mean that the pill did, in fact, have time to do its work?

Thanks,

Eddy.

Old September 20th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Eddy Bentley" wrote in message
Hi.

Are there any vets or people-in-the-know who can help with this one?

Last night we gave both our cats their three-monthly tape-worm tablet
after they had had a good meal. 10 hours later one of the cats vomited
up his entire meal. The other cat was fine.

Is it necessary to repeat the giving of the tape-worm tablet in a couple
of weeks' time? Or does the 10-hour interval between receiving and
vomiting mean that the pill did, in fact, have time to do its work?

Thanks,

Eddy.

Were these prescription pills? (I hope so. If not, please *do not* use any
more over-the-counter pills -- they are ineffective and sometimes
dangerous.) In either case, I would want to call the vet and ask about
this.

MaryL

Old September 20th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:49:16 GMT, Eddy Bentley wrote:

Hi.

Are there any vets or people-in-the-know who can help with this one?

Last night we gave both our cats their three-monthly tape-worm tablet
after they had had a good meal. 10 hours later one of the cats vomited
up his entire meal. The other cat was fine.

Is it necessary to repeat the giving of the tape-worm tablet in a couple
of weeks' time? Or does the 10-hour interval between receiving and
vomiting mean that the pill did, in fact, have time to do its work?

What does your vet say? Keep in mind that wormers are poison. The rely on
the host animal's superior ability to tolerate small doses of poison.