Can Fleas live in human hair?

Old September 28th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default Can Fleas live in human hair?

they were found in my 2 year old granddaughter's hair...don't if they
just jumped there or were there....used Advantage, used flea bomb,
vacuumed the bag had a flea collar in it and my cats are indoor
cats...I don't know what to do at my wits end

contacted Bayer they make advantage..hmm we'''ll see what that say

lynn

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of
totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy
~Mohandas Gandhi

Old September 28th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 28 Sep, 14:59, "Matthew" wrote:
"ensoul" wrote in message

oups.com...

they were found in my 2 year old granddaughter's hair...don't if they
just jumped there or were there....used Advantage, used flea bomb,
vacuumed the bag had a flea collar in it and my cats are indoor
cats...I don't know what to do at my wits end

contacted Bayer they make advantage..hmm we'''ll see what that say

lynn

Ok one thing is once you flea bomb and vacuum. You need to flea bomb again
and possible than another time. The vibration of the vacuum make the eggs
hatch. You can't have piles of clothes or anything piled up they can hid
in it and survive.

Fleas live where there is blood human or otherwise.

I don't think you understand how advantage works. It works on your pets
only there is nothing that stops fleas in your house. When you have an
infestation it can be bad and it can get worse. The best thing to do is
have the pets professional groom and flea dipped. Than you have a company
come in and do the house professional. they know where to look and where to
put the poisons. Fleas live in fabric, carpet, laundry they are just as
bad as roaches.

It also might end up being cheaper than constantly trying the cheaper
route.

I have made this mistake before, believing that I could save a quid or
two (£). In the end, it worked out to be cheaper to get the
exterminators in. @ least if there is still a problem, you can call
them again, & let them, know that it didn't work, & they will come
back & sort it out for you. The other thing is that once they break
the cycle, you can get on top of the cats uninvited visitors again.

To answer your first question, "No, *I don't think* that fleas live in
human hair." They are really good ankle bitters, but they don't
habitat in humans hair, like head lice do for instance.
I hope you get on top of this problem soon,
Best Wishes,
Sheelagh"o"