Cat wont stop eating

Old October 25th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jackiepm

Default Cat wont stop eating

My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he eats
has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

Old October 26th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

On Oct 25, 6:53 pm, "Jackiepm" u38577@uwe wrote:
My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he eats
has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

He is probably not having any fun and has nothing else to do that
interests him. Get him some catnip, and some toys, a laser pointer,
and brush him and sing to him and carry him around in a basket and let
him look in the mirror and out the window. He is bored. Get him a
canary in a cage or a parakeet to watch. Teach him to dance.

Old October 26th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

Are you feeding him good food and not that generic crap? Also has he been
to vets for a check up lately?

Celeste

Old October 26th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On Oct 25, 5:53 pm, "Jackiepm" u38577@uwe wrote:
My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for food. I feed
him and an hour later he asks for more food and everytime I feed him he eats
has if he had'nt had any food for days. The point is that he is eating
nonstop. Can anyone tell what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

I agree with everyone in taking him to the vet for bloodwork and a
checkup. There are three reaons why this might be happening:

1. Medical
2. Boredom/routine/wants attention
3. The food you are giving him isn't filling him up. He will be more
satisfied with a high-quality canned or raw diet compared to feeding
dry.

But first, you need to rule out medical issues.

Old October 27th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Jackiepm" u38577@uwe wrote:

My male cat just wont stop eating he is constantly asking for
food. I feed him and an hour later he asks for more food and
everytime I feed him he eats has if he had'nt had any food for
days. The point is that he is eating nonstop. Can anyone tell
what's wrong I would really like to know. Thank You

Put the food at the top of a significant climb, like using carpeted
1x4s or 2x4s. That way he won't eat every time you turn around. He
might run to the bottom of the climb every time you turn around, but
that doesn't work anything.

I'm teaching my new stray to do that and he is learning to make the
climb right at this moment.

Good luck.
Old October 27th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

If the cat has suddenly changed his behavior, then I'd worry about a
medical issue. Diabetes often starts this way.

Cats who are getting high quality food, and don't have starvation
issues, usually don't need their food supervised. I keep a low carb
dry food available all the time, and feed canned twice a day.

A cat with starvation issues has to be fed to satiation. If it were
easy to ignore hunger, we would not have a booming diet industry. It
is a signal that cannot be ignored.

Cats with deprivation problems must decide when they are confident the
food will keep coming. Trying too much to head off a cat's appetitite
can lead to stress and behavior problems.