Strange behavior

Old November 8th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
desgnr

Default Strange behavior

Why does she
Put her little mouse toys in her Food & Water dishes ????????????

Old November 8th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response from "desgnr" :

Why does she
Put her little mouse toys in her Food & Water dishes ????????????

I am interested in seeing what others say about this as well. Gabby
likes to horde ALL of his toys under the baby's playpen.

I also wonder if it is related to when he picks up a piece of dog food
and brings it to us and repeats until we have a nice little pile. One
especially peculiar day he made 3 separate piles for us -- one for each
person, not giving any to several people.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old November 9th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Nov 8, 1:21 pm, "-Lost" wrote:
Response from "desgnr" :

Why does she
Put her little mouse toys in her Food & Water dishes ????????????

I am interested in seeing what others say about this as well. Gabby
likes to horde ALL of his toys under the baby's playpen.

I also wonder if it is related to when he picks up a piece of dog food
and brings it to us and repeats until we have a nice little pile. One
especially peculiar day he made 3 separate piles for us -- one for each
person, not giving any to several people.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Maybe because she may have been weined to soon from it's mother and
associlates it with her mother, or has obsessive disorder syndrom.

Old November 9th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

Okay, I had a guess on this one. I've never had a cat that did that but
guessed it was because she knows the food and water are hers, and she's
making sure the toys are in her space.

Someone else agrees, here's what I got from a website:

"Why do some cats put their toys in their water or food dish?
Cats look upon their food area as part of their territory, and that
particular area of their territory usually doesn't change from day to
day - so the cats are likely putting their favorite toys away in a
"safe" place. Some cats will consistently put away their toys when
they're through playing with them - you might try putting your cat's
toys in a small basket near one of his favorite spots and see if he will
put them away on his own."

From this site: http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/whycat.htm

Rhonda

Old November 9th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 8, 1:21 pm, "-Lost" wrote:
Response from "desgnr" :

Why does she
Put her little mouse toys in her Food & Water dishes ????????????

I am interested in seeing what others say about this as well. Gabby
likes to horde ALL of his toys under the baby's playpen.

I also wonder if it is related to when he picks up a piece of dog food
and brings it to us and repeats until we have a nice little pile. One
especially peculiar day he made 3 separate piles for us -- one for each
person, not giving any to several people.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

he is hiding the scent of his toys from others. My Max would do this
when he was younger. I would wake up in the morning to find the water
color changed to what ever color mouse he was playing with...lol. It
is like when a dog buries a bone, cat's hide the things they like this
way. I remember reading it years ago, but can't remember where I read
it. Silly babies...LOL
Deborah, tigger, Poohbear and Max

Old November 9th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 8, 12:23 pm, "desgnr" wrote:
Why does she
Put her little mouse toys in her Food & Water dishes ????????????

Here it is:
Why do some cats put their toys in their water or food dish?
Cats look upon their food area as part of their territory, and that
particular area of their territory usually doesn't change from day to
day - so the cats are likely putting their favorite toys away in a
"safe" place. Some cats will consistently put away their toys when
they're through playing with them - you might try putting your cat's
toys in a small basket near one of his favorite spots and see if he
will put them away on his own.
the link: http://tinyurl.com/yx3qce
Deborah, Tigger, Poohbear and Max