Natural Anti-biotics

Old December 5th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Default Natural Anti-biotics

Does anyone know of some good natural remedies in regards to UTI? One of my
cats usually gets one from time to time and it'd be great to find a natural
antibiotic as opposed to always having to give him a prescription from the
vet all the time which is gets to be expensive. I read about something
called Tinkle Tonic which was recommended on a web site but I'm unfamiliar
with it and would rather get something that I could get at a health food
store if I needed to.

Old December 6th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On 5 Dec, 00:23, "Cat Protector" wrote:
Does anyone know of some good natural remedies in regards to UTI? One of my
cats usually gets one from time to time and it'd be great to find a natural
antibiotic as opposed to always having to give him a prescription from the
vet all the time which is gets to be expensive. I read about something
called Tinkle Tonic which was recommended on a web site but I'm unfamiliar
with it and would rather get something that I could get at a health food
store if I needed to.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Alternati...I-health-1.htm

Here's some things that will help your cat to stay healthy. Begin to
add Garlic powder to his food daily. Garlic is an anti-microbial and
will help eliminate bacteria and infection. Don't be afraid to
sprinkle it with a heavy hand, cats like Garlic and he should it it
right up. Keep him on this, it will not harm him and he will boost his
immune system and healing time by 70%.

Begin a regimen of Probiotics such as Acidolphilus. These good
bacteria are actually found in yogurt. You can purchase these in
capsule form at your pet store. Acidophilus helps to maintain and
strengthen the good bacteria of the gut crucial for healthy digestion.
Without these good bacteria human and animal bodies are prone to
disease and illness. When humans an animals are put on antibiotics,
they kill this good bacteria and render the body weakness and
acceptable to bacteria. This is why you may have heard woman complain
of getting a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. This is a great
supplement to add to his diet and again this will not harm him in any
way.

You may even add a tiny drop of vegetable oil to his food. This will
ensure good passage of fecal matter and will not allow bacteria to be
built up in the gut. Just a drop. It will also make his coat more
shiny and healthier in appearance.

You can also add a drop of unsweetened Cranberry juice to his food
daily. This juice must be purchased from the health food store because
it contains no sugar or other products. Cranberry acts the same in
humans and animals. It helps to strengthen, tone and cleanse the
kidneys. Human UTI clients take this daily to ward off infections and
bacteria in the bladder.

Here is one more alternative site that you might want to check out. I
must point out here that I have never personally used homeopathic
treatments for cats, preferring the conventional antibiotics that most
people use. I posted this from research on the Internet. I hope they
are of some help to you, but,*&** please talk to your vet before
commencing treatment, just to be sure***?

http://www.felinecrf.org/treatments.htm#UTIs
Good Luck,
Sheelagh "o"

Old December 6th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks. I read about the garlic powder and know about the cranberry but had
no clue about the acidophilus. I'll look into it.

Old December 7th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Sheelagh\"o\"" :

You can also add a drop of unsweetened Cranberry juice to his food
daily. This juice must be purchased from the health food store
because it contains no sugar or other products. Cranberry acts the
same in humans and animals. It helps to strengthen, tone and
cleanse the kidneys. Human UTI clients take this daily to ward off
infections and bacteria in the bladder.

I can vouch that unsweetened cranberry juice is the ticket, but boy
does it taste terrible.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 7th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:54:20 -0800 (PST), Sheelagh"o" wrote:

You can also add a drop of unsweetened Cranberry juice to his food
daily. This juice must be purchased from the health food store because
it contains no sugar or other products. Cranberry acts the same in
humans and animals. It helps to strengthen, tone and cleanse the
kidneys. Human UTI clients take this daily to ward off infections and
bacteria in the bladder.

Actually not, it does none of of the things you mention. What it does is
reduce uric acid which is a factor in getting gout or kidney stones.
Old December 9th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On 7 Dec, 21:33, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:54:20 -0800 (PST), Sheelagh"o" wrote:
You can also add a drop of unsweetened Cranberry juice to his food
daily. This juice must be purchased from the health food store because
it contains no sugar or other products. Cranberry acts the same in
humans and animals. It helps to strengthen, tone and cleanse the
kidneys. Human UTI clients take this daily to ward off infections and
bacteria in the bladder.

Actually not, it does none of of the things you mention. What it does is
reduce uric acid which is a factor in getting gout or kidney stones.

Actually not, it does none of of the things you mention. What it does is
reduce uric acid which is a factor in getting gout or kidney stones.

Would you say that outweighs the benefit, or would you advise against
it, out of interest?

I mean, on balance of the evidence?
I don't know, but I would be interested in knowing, if you don't mind
that is? I would hate to poison my cat, but it would be interesting to
know? & how can be we sure that the information is reliable in light
of the difference of interpretation?
TIA,
Sheelagh "o"