Things I learned from 10,000 cats

Old January 1st 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

Default Things I learned from 10,000 cats

A Popular Science article from 1934:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...thousand-cats/

One quote:

"The old idea was that every animal should be punished when caught in
a wrongful act, but cats do not understand the meaning of a whipping.
They are weak-willed and easily tempted and must, therefore, be guided
in paths of righteousness."
Old January 1st 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article ,
says...
A Popular Science article from 1934:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...thousand-cats/

One quote:

"The old idea was that every animal should be punished when caught in
a wrongful act, but cats do not understand the meaning of a whipping.
They are weak-willed and easily tempted and must, therefore, be guided
in paths of righteousness."

I direct you to the 2nd page of that exhibit, the photo in the bottom
left quadrant of the page. That looks like one unhappy cat.

Old January 1st 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

T wrote:

In article ,
says...
A Popular Science article from 1934:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/...thousand-cats/

One quote:

"The old idea was that every animal should be punished when caught in
a wrongful act, but cats do not understand the meaning of a whipping.
They are weak-willed and easily tempted and must, therefore, be guided
in paths of righteousness."

I direct you to the 2nd page of that exhibit, the photo in the bottom
left quadrant of the page. That looks like one unhappy cat.

Looks like a candidate for LOLCAT.