Anyone Remember This? Cats and Bathroom Habits

Old February 4th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Default Anyone Remember This? Cats and Bathroom Habits

Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

Old February 4th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
mc wrote:
Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

The late Jazz great Charles Mingus had a training method that
claims to be able to entice a cat to use a human toilet.

http://www.mingusmingusmingus.com/Mi..._training.html

Before flaming, please note that I have not tried to train
a cat to do this, and I am not a proponent of this method.

I did, however, find it interesting and Mingus was a smart dude.
Old February 4th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mc" wrote in message
Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

I personally want my cat's ass as far away from my stuff as
possible.

From time to time people come in here talking about how
they've trained their cats this way. You can do it. I think
it is a lot easier to just scoop the box. (I also do not keep
my cats boxes in our bathrooms. I hate that.)

Old February 5th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

On Feb 4, 4:14 pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
In article ,

mc wrote:
Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

The late Jazz great Charles Mingus had a training method that
claims to be able to entice a cat to use a human toilet.

http://www.mingusmingusmingus.com/Mi..._training.html

Before flaming, please note that I have not tried to train
a cat to do this, and I am not a proponent of this method.

I did, however, find it interesting and Mingus was a smart dude.

Is this for real?
Old February 5th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

mc wrote:
Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

The late Jazz great Charles Mingus had a training method that
claims to be able to entice a cat to use a human toilet.

http://www.mingusmingusmingus.com/Mi..._training.html

Before flaming, please note that I have not tried to train
a cat to do this, and I am not a proponent of this method.

I did, however, find it interesting and Mingus was a smart dude.

Is this for real?

Signs point to "Yes"
Old February 5th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:52:49 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"mc" wrote in message
Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

I personally want my cat's ass as far away from my stuff as
possible.

From time to time people come in here talking about how
they've trained their cats this way. You can do it. I think
it is a lot easier to just scoop the box. (I also do not keep
my cats boxes in our bathrooms. I hate that.)

I love pooping at the same time as one of my cats. It's just so down
to earth.
Old February 5th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

"mc" wrote in message
Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

I personally want my cat's ass as far away from my stuff as
possible.

From time to time people come in here talking about how
they've trained their cats this way. You can do it. I think
it is a lot easier to just scoop the box. (I also do not keep
my cats boxes in our bathrooms. I hate that.)

I love pooping at the same time as one of my cats. It's just so down
to earth.

Now this is really funny. Because, Gracie always comes to see
me when I am in the bathroom in the morning, on the throne, so
to speak. And if I am there, uh, for a little while, she tiptoes out
and I hear scratching in the box. So I guess she feels the same
way you do! lol

Old February 5th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

That is really funny :-)

It is probably a lot like when you mention having to "go use the
bathroom" and you bring it up to whomever is around - then they have
to use the facilities too...

Just because someone mentioned it or reminded you...

LOL

I am really getting a chuckle from these posts...

Seriously, I am not advocating the use of this method. But I do
remember that when I was still just a young kitten there were ads out
for this method. That was quite a few years ago, in the sixties or
seventies...

I can't help but imagine what the cat might leave behind on the toilet
seat... So maybe they were training the cats to use the toilet with
the lid up? LOL

I still can't imagine this method really working because sometimes my
cats do "their business" on the side of the box...

But in any case, we may never know for sure... chuckles
Old February 6th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Check out litterkwitter.com.

S.
---

Old February 10th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

Does anyone recall those ads that used to claim a cat could learn to
use the toilet like a person does?

I personally want my cat's ass as far away from my stuff as
possible.

From time to time people come in here talking about how
they've trained their cats this way. You can do it. I think
it is a lot easier to just scoop the box. (I also do not keep
my cats boxes in our bathrooms. I hate that.)

I love pooping at the same time as one of my cats. It's just so down
to earth.

Now this is really funny. Because, Gracie always comes to see
me when I am in the bathroom in the morning, on the throne, so
to speak. And if I am there, uh, for a little while, she tiptoes out
and I hear scratching in the box. So I guess she feels the same
way you do! lol

My 4 furbabies are the same way.

I have 3 boxes of which one is in hall outside bathroom and as soon as
I hit the throne there is always at least one that has to use it and
it is usually the one that stinks the most when she goes!!

But then 3 of mine are females and as most people know females can not
seem to go to the can by themselves - they need company!! I guess
that female cats are no different the female humans!!!

:-)

HEE HEE