R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and a rant.

Old September 5th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures and a rant.

R.I.P. Puss Puss. ? - 20080904 0901 AM EST. Pictures a and a
rant.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/ (The pictures up front so you
don't have to read my ramble and rant if you don't want to.)

Sorry this is LONG! And possibly Not Safe For Work (I curse a
bit).

First I'll talk about poor Puss Puss. The VERY lovable boy who had
to die because of someone who when it really mattered, didn't care.

And by that I refer to the idiots who responded NOT Rhonda or
"cshenk." The idiots who call themselves kitty rescues or refuges
but offer no assistance unless the kitty is in good condition. One
no-kill shelter I found actually has it on their Web site that it
would probably be required to give the cat veterninary assistance
before they could take it. Sounds like a cat lover? No.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Puss Puss was found less than 20 hours ago in what I considered to
be severe to critical condition.

He was:
* covered in parasites
* something that looked like mouse poop on him
* a fungal infection (no clue what kind, the vet said this)
* seriously underfed and malnourished as his ribs and pelvis were
protruding
* seriously injured in some kind of altercation as his left arm was
SERIOUSLY mangled -- this wound was allowed to heal partially which
left his arm unable to fully extend so I was immediately informed
that *IF* Puss Puss could survive he was definitely going to lose
that leg
* the leg for whatever reason was weeping and the vet called the
liquid something specific (but it wasn't serum or pus) -- she
didn't understand how the wound got to where it was (because of the
mass amounts of scar tissue but it weeping EVERYWHERE) -- the
spouse made a suggestion that perhaps it was broken at some point
and then it got into another altercation with something... *shrug*
it's all speculation

He was a very handsome young lad with the most sincere and
affectionate disposition (the first I've encountered beside Phat
Kat). Apparently he wasn't in that much discomfort -- I take this
by the way the vet "manhandled" (I say manhandled, but I'm sure
that's me overreacting *rolling eyes*) his leg.

"In her expert opinion" the cost of saving him would be in the
several hundred dollar to $1,000+ range -- which is what I expected
and STUPIDLY came here seeking advice because my brain sometimes
doesn't process the information as fast as most.

Like me asking cybercat not to be a bitch, then apologizing for
saying it in the first place, and then of course feeling stupid
because in fact she is a complete bitch. Including CatNipped the
liar who plays games and talks ****e behind people's backs and
makes public what was private -- of course, that's when she's not
sucking up to cybercat or Phil.

Anyway, I see my only mistake being that I should have been a tad
more independent and just sat here for hours instead of asking the
spouse to help me contact someone (which we did for 3 hours before
the vet finally opened).

The thing is, for some strange reason no one is hearing the fact
that emergency services here will NOT see an animal without
arranging payment. Period. That is what the answering service
response is. In fact, I think they do it on purpose so they don't
get roped into free house calls.

The Humane Society (and/or SPCA -- I originally thought it was the
same thing I called, but it was two separate places I called --
neither of which called me back) has not yet called me back.

The spouse was infuriated because the vet told us as a matter of
fact that, "You can try calling the police, but I wouldn't be too
optimistic about them actually doing anything."

Guess what?! She was right! I made the mistake of saying that
someone else said something which is what I was going on -- they
called it heresy and said that was the end of that. I didn't call
them back again after the vet said that nothing would be done.
Originally I was told to wait and call the dog pound -- BY the
police.

****

I guess I'm rambling again so I'm going to wrap it up with this.

cybercat, CatNipped, and although I don't know your character Cat
Protector I'm lumping you in this.

If you lasses honestly take the best care of your kitty friends
then bless you, I mean that. I actually believe you DO take care
of them wonderfully based on how mean you are to humans (and the
affectionate way in which you talk about cats in general). Despite
CatNipped and her horror stories of tying down her kitties, or
hooding them and such -- I'm sure those kitties have exceptional
care.

Anyway... if you are just a bunch of inflammatory *******s waiting
for a disabled idiot to wander in so you could show how much better
you are than them while your own kitty suffers, then I pray you get
in horrible accidents that leave you dependent on someone who
thinks to treat you the same way. Never have I felt so hopeless as
when I found Puss Puss last night with the spouse and to go through
the same LONG process of calling places that said call another
place or emergency services not responding because I didn't have
money.

I bent over backward to try and talk nicer, be more polite, and to
explain everything clearly without making jokes about how much I'd
like to kick Gabby in his arse at times. I often explained that I
am disabled and may not talk appropriately or may make mistakes...
I said flatly that I may be overreacting.

It was met with a clear disregard for how ANYONE other than
themselves feel. And how I feel about cybercat is when she acts
like the complete bitch she is -- she runs people off who may
seriously want to do the right thing but are not completely capable
of it. Not everyone has a normal brain or legs that work -- bitch.

I can sit here and apologize over and over for whatever the hell it
was exactly that I did, but again I wonder what exactly it was I
did wrong?

* took in a kitty to help it instead of drive by?
* called for 3 hours trying to get a hold of SOMEONE to figure out
where I could possibly get the kitty?
* took the kitty to the vet as soon as they would talk to me (not
an answering service)?

As I see it, my mistake was trusting the supposed cat lovers and
being an idiot.

So to all you fake arsed wenches who delight in hurting humans
while you secretly molest your kitties (CatNipped, I cannot help
but think about tying down Samazon or hooding her if I recall
correctly) I want you to take a long hard look at Puss Puss and
realize I may have made a mistake somewhere, but when it mattered
you cared more to make me feel or look like an idiot (which perhaps
I did a good job of) than to say something beneficial that would
assist me or get me thinking in a better direction.

**** you. **** you very much.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 9th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"-Lost" wrote in message

Just one question. Since when is it *my* responsibility to take care of
*your* cats?

I'll say this nicely once, and once only. Keep calling me a bitch and I'll
be forced to *show* you just how much of one I can be. One more rant, one
more accusation and you will be very, very sorry you *ever* ****ed with me.

I'm recovering from a very painful surgery and would be glad to vent that
pain all *over* your ass.

CatNipped

Old September 10th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

Just one question. Since when is it *my* responsibility to take
care of *your* cats?

I'll say this nicely once, and once only. Keep calling me a
bitch and I'll be forced to *show* you just how much of one I
can be. One more rant, one more accusation and you will be
very, very sorry you *ever* ****ed with me.

I'm recovering from a very painful surgery and would be glad to
vent that pain all *over* your ass.

It isn't your responsibility, but you are the one who made me
believe that I could seek assistance here. That was my point
BITCH.

And if you are talking about whipping my arse the spouse kindly
requests that you bring assistance.

I couldn't think of another accusation offhand, other than you're a
childish bitch. So what happens now Ms. Threat Pants?

You must seriously be out of your eccentric-arsed mind to think you
can intimidate someone or say what you want without anyone else
ever saying something different.

Grow up lass, it's unbecoming at your age. By the way, do you need
my address? Or... ?

P.S. I hope you feel better and that there are no complications.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 10th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"CatNipped" wrote

I'm recovering from a very painful surgery and would be glad to vent that

Ouch! Hope you are ok! Me, I'm home when normally I'd be at work. Sneezed
wrong and squicked my back a little. Not too bad, but had a second person
who was qualified for my job and a slow night so got to come home to the
rice bags.

Old September 10th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "CatNipped" :

Just one question. Since when is it *my* responsibility to take
care of *your* cats?

I'll say this nicely once, and once only. Keep calling me a
bitch and I'll be forced to *show* you just how much of one I
can be. One more rant, one more accusation and you will be
very, very sorry you *ever* ****ed with me.

I'm recovering from a very painful surgery and would be glad to
vent that pain all *over* your ass.

It isn't your responsibility, but you are the one who made me
believe that I could seek assistance here. That was my point
BITCH.

"Seek assistance" finding Gabby a new home, "seek assistance" transporting
him to that new home (this, when you were considering having him euthanized
simply because you didn't know how to handle a cat)... *NOT* find assistance
to magically heal a dying cat. Your *VERY* explicit description of his
injuries left no other reasonable conclusion other than that he needed to be
humanely euthanized as quickly as possible to put him out of his pain. Are
we supposed to be some kind of ****ing magicians to 1) understand what the
****** you are rambling on about and 2) telepathically send out healing
"vibes" and 3) provide the assistance, *LONG DISTANCE* that you couldn't
find in your area code!!!

When someone comes on here to describe, in flamboyant and gross detail, the
injuries of a dying cat, and says "oh, I can't do anything for the poor
thing except watch him suffer", well *that* my dear is a most rusty and
tired *TROLL* - *NOT* a search for help.

And if you are talking about whipping my arse the spouse kindly
requests that you bring assistance.

Have you heard of the word metaphorically? No? Thought not. Physically?
Of course not, I wouldn't stoop to your level.

I couldn't think of another accusation offhand, other than you're a
childish bitch. So what happens now Ms. Threat Pants?

I can't explain that to you. Your lobotomy has taken away all your capacity
to reason out any explanation I could possibly give you (that is what caused
the frontal lobe damage, isn't it - your family had to have your brain
carved up to stop your abusive tendancies?)

You must seriously be out of your eccentric-arsed mind to think you
can intimidate someone or say what you want without anyone else
ever saying something different.

I can't and won't ever try to stop you from saying whatever the hell babble
you like - I can, however, make you read despicable things about yourself
every time you log on to this newsgroup (and I *know* you'll read them, you
can't help yourself, can you?)

Grow up lass, it's unbecoming at your age. By the way, do you need
my address? Or... ?

Nope, got your number already "ass" - oops, left off the "L" (actually I
didn't, I'm mocking you).

P.S. I hope you feel better and that there are no complications.

Thank you dear, I feel tons better now that I've vented on you a bit - ready
for round two?

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Old September 10th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

snip

And if you are talking about whipping my arse the spouse kindly
requests that you bring assistance.

Have you heard of the word metaphorically? No? Thought not.
Physically? Of course not, I wouldn't stoop to your level.

You mean hopping in a wheelchair?

Seriously though, ignore the e-mail. I got excited and was really
interested to see where this was going.

I couldn't think of another accusation offhand, other than
you're a childish bitch. So what happens now Ms. Threat Pants?

I can't explain that to you. Your lobotomy has taken away all
your capacity to reason out any explanation I could possibly
give you (that is what caused the frontal lobe damage, isn't it
- your family had to have your brain carved up to stop your
abusive tendancies?)

Concrete, car accident, and waiting too long for the EMS is not the
same thing as a lobotomy. Oh wait, that's right... that was
sarcasm! I'm starting to see why you cannot stand me.

snip

P.S. I hope you feel better and that there are no
complications.

Thank you dear, I feel tons better now that I've vented on you a
bit - ready for round two?

I'm still coughing up blood and nursing burnt retinas from the
****e you've just said (although that's not me agreeing that all of
it was true).

I'll pass!

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old September 10th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote

I'm recovering from a very painful surgery and would be glad to vent that

Ouch! Hope you are ok! Me, I'm home when normally I'd be at work.
Sneezed wrong and squicked my back a little. Not too bad, but had a
second person who was qualified for my job and a slow night so got to come
home to the rice bags.

Kewl! I hope your back squicks back in again, though, back pain can be a
bitch. That's a sort of what I went through.

What I had done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at C6 and
C7". What this involves is: cutting a two inch incision in the front of my
neck, and a little to the left so as to miss the laryngeal nerve (which, if
nicked, could have caused me to permanently lose my voice - not sure if DH
is happy or sad that I didn't ;). Then they pushed aside the soft tissue
(esophagus, trachea, carotid artery, jugular vein, and muscle - trying not
to nick any of those either) to expose the front of the spine. Then they
used a vertebrae "spreader" to separate the two vertebrae and expose the
ruptured disc. They then cut through the outer wall of the disc and removed
the disc. Then they used a bone drill to remove any stenosis (bone spurs)
at the point where the nerves branch off from the spinal cord to the right
and left. [At this point they were millimeters away from the spinal cord.]
Then they inserted a piece of bone between the two vertebrae (from a bone
bank - they didn't use mine from my hip, thank goodness - they say the pain
from taking that graft is worse than the neck incision). [The bone is used
as a wedge to keep the two vertebrae from pinching down on the nerves
again.] Then they screwed on a titanium plate to the two vertebrae to keep
them closed tightly over the bone implant until it all fuses into one bone.
Then they closed and sutured each layer, stuck a bandaid over the whole mess
and I'm done!

If you're interested in the medical stuff, this explains it best:
http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-ACDF.htm and this has good illustrations:
http://www.sofamordanek.com/spineline/ACDF.pdf.

I came through the surgery well - hurts like hell, naturally, but everything
went fine and I was up and walking as soon as they brought me to my room
from recovery. They let me go home at 10AM the next day... to promptly get
sick as a dog with the flu. I hadn't been able to keep anything in my
stomach from Saturday night until this morning. I was too weak to lift my
head from my pillow and could only lay there and do my best Camille
impersonation (the character, not the hurricane - Greta Garbo's got nothing
on me when it comes to portraying a dying woman!). Ben stayed home an extra
day to take care of me.

But... I feel a lot more human today - well enough to hobble to my office
and post this.

Naturally, the cats are doing a fantastic job of nursing me through this
(though Ozzy and Archer seem to think this involves high-speed chases across
my bed to make sure I keep circulation in my legs and my reflexes are
normal).

I'm about done it at this point, though, so I'm back off to bed again.

Sorry for the novel - I'm still on tons of Vicodin and Robaxin (a *strong*
anti-spasm muscle relaxer), so I tend to ramble on a bit.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 10th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "CatNipped" :

snip

[...]

Thank you, because, despite all appearances, I really *don't* like these
tired little flame wars - been there, done that, the t-shirt is old and
faded. Besides, it's blowing the hell out of my Vicodin high.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Old September 10th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"CatNipped" wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

I'm recovering from a very painful surgery and would be glad to vent
that

Ouch! Hope you are ok! Me, I'm home when normally I'd be at work.
Sneezed wrong and squicked my back a little. Not too bad, but had a
second person who was qualified for my job and a slow night so got to
come home to the rice bags.

Kewl! I hope your back squicks back in again, though, back pain can be a
bitch. That's a sort of what I went through.

I see. Hey, I hope no one minds if we get OT for a little? I'd like to
know more as I'm headed your way on this.

For basics, I have a C4 herniation, and a T4 and T5 herniation. Abnormal but
not totally herniated T3 and narrowing at C5. General DDD of the
progressive sort.

What I had done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at C6 and
C7". What this involves is: cutting a two inch incision in the front of
my

(snipping description but excellent run down, one day that will be me for
the neck possibly).

If you're interested in the medical stuff, this explains it best:
http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-ACDF.htm and this has good illustrations:
http://www.sofamordanek.com/spineline/ACDF.pdf.

I am glommering those pages totally.

I came through the surgery well - hurts like hell, naturally, but
everything went fine and I was up and walking as soon as they brought me
to my room

I have one very lucky advantage. I am *extremely* pain tolerant. The Docs
keep wanting to give me stronger drugs but the Tramadol 50's are enough to
kick it down to acceptable when it does act up.

But... I feel a lot more human today - well enough to hobble to my office
and post this.

;-)

Naturally, the cats are doing a fantastic job of nursing me through this
(though Ozzy and Archer seem to think this involves high-speed chases
across my bed to make sure I keep circulation in my legs and my reflexes
are normal).

LOL!

I'm about done it at this point, though, so I'm back off to bed again.

I know the feeling. The most expensive chair in our house, is my really
*good* computer chair with all the adjustments you can think of wanting.
Even then, sometimes I have to lay down after 30 mins if the back is bad.
This one is special as I'm 'vertically Challanged' at 5'1" tall and normal
chairs do not hit the right spots.

Sorry for the novel - I'm still on tons of Vicodin and Robaxin (a *strong*
anti-spasm muscle relaxer), so I tend to ramble on a bit.

Havent had Robaxin that I can recall. Vicodin sounds familiar though.

I hope all feels a bit better by the time you see this in the morning!

Old September 10th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"CatNipped" wrote

If you're interested in the medical stuff, this explains it best:
http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-ACDF.htm and this has good illustrations:
http://www.sofamordanek.com/spineline/ACDF.pdf.

Darn.
Vertebrae failing to fuse
There are many reasons why vertebrae fail to fuse. These include smoking,
osteoporosis, obesity, and malnutrition. Smoking is by far the greatest
factor that can prevent a fusion from occurring. Nicotine is a toxin that
inhibits bone-growing cells. If you continue to smoke after your operation,
you could undermine the fusion process.
-------

Bone density tests scheduled, seems i have a problem there.