Removing Stains From Speaker

Old October 15th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Removing Stains From Speaker

I wrote here a while back about a problem I had with both my males *and*
females spraying (in response to an intact tom I was trying to rehome).
I've go the problem under control now (with liberal use of Nature's Miracle
and other cleaning products). The problem is that the speaker (the bottom
half of my DH's 65" monstrosity of a TV) is stained. The spot appears
lighter than the black cloth. I didn't want to just start trying products
willy-nilly since this is a really expensive piece of electronic equipment.
Does anyone have a suggestion on what might remove the stain?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old October 15th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"hopitus" wrote
black - what I'd do is grab my large-sized permanent Sharpie black
marker

My thoughts exactly!

Old October 15th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 11:04 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
I wrote here a while back about a problem I had with both my males *and*
females spraying (in response to an intact tom I was trying to rehome).
I've go the problem under control now (with liberal use of Nature's
Miracle
and other cleaning products). The problem is that the speaker (the
bottom
half of my DH's 65" monstrosity of a TV) is stained. The spot appears
lighter than the black cloth. I didn't want to just start trying
products
willy-nilly since this is a really expensive piece of electronic
equipment.
Does anyone have a suggestion on what might remove the stain?-
Hugs,
CatNipped

You probably won't like this but FWIW I realize how much that tv (and
I do love
bigscreens) cost DH but a cheap and simple fix - now that I know the
cloth is
black - what I'd do is grab my large-sized permanent Sharpie black
marker and
just go over the stain with it; the stink will go away pretty quick
but its a cheap
solution rather than buying stuff or even worse, consultng electronic
pros about
it. I mean, who's gonna know its catpee result unless you inform them?
There is no better way to watch football than with what Ben's got
there.....

LOL! Actually Ben suggested the magic marker - but I've never had success
with that before and was hoping there was a miracle solution that would take
it out - as much as I hate that monstrosity in my great room I'd rather not
have a $6,000 albatross ruined! The stink is already gone (we used several
light mists of Nature's Miracle in out attempts to get the scent markings
off of everything), but the stain is pretty glaring and from the shape and
look of it you can pretty much tell it was from a cat spraying..

Re football - yep, you're right, the 2002 Superbowl was the rationale for
buying it. *SO* not worth it in my opinion - I'm just not into sports!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 16th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I wrote here a while back about a problem I had with both my males *and*
females spraying (in response to an intact tom I was trying to rehome).
I've go the problem under control now (with liberal use of Nature's Miracle
and other cleaning products). The problem is that the speaker (the bottom
half of my DH's 65" monstrosity of a TV) is stained. The spot appears
lighter than the black cloth. I didn't want to just start trying products
willy-nilly since this is a really expensive piece of electronic equipment.
Does anyone have a suggestion on what might remove the stain?

Nothing will remove the stain as the dye has been destroyed. You will need
to have the speaker recovered. It is not a hugely challenging task and
suitable for the DIY. The fabric is available from many online shops.

Paul

Old October 16th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

"The Nice Mean Man" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 1:04 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I wrote here a while back about a problem I had with both my males *and*
females spraying (in response to an intact tom I was trying to rehome).
I've go the problem under control now (with liberal use of Nature's
Miracle
and other cleaning products). The problem is that the speaker (the bottom
half of my DH's 65" monstrosity of a TV) is stained. The spot appears
lighter than the black cloth. I didn't want to just start trying products
willy-nilly since this is a really expensive piece of electronic
equipment.
Does anyone have a suggestion on what might remove the stain?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Don't worry about it so much. Learn to live with it. That's what we've
done. It is a small price to pay to save a helpless animal with that
barbaric 'operation'. The one where they sexually mutilate their
private parts so they will be a’ conveyance’ to their 'owners'.
I salute you for taking the high road and not listening to all the
animal rights coo coos out there (and in here). They’re such
hypocrites. They'll get all over you for even talking about the issue
of declawing, yet they have no problem at all with sexual mutilation.
A brutal atrocity performed upon these helpless little persons. Good
for you. Good for you..

Given the fact that we have a crisis of unwanted births it is hardly a
"convenience" to neuter or spay an animal. It is the best thing you could
possibly do. Only an irresponsible idiot would not agree. To do otherwise
is to perpetuate the suffering and killing of millions of unwanted puppies
and kittens. Spraying is but one behavior eliminated with neutering. The
other is roaming, fighting, and breeding.

Paul

Old October 16th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
DWMeowMix

On Oct 16, 8:40*am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
"The Nice Mean Man" wrote in ...
[...]

Paul- Hide quoted text -

I wouldn't worry too much about him, Paul. He's a troll. He's posted
inflammatory remarks to several threads in this group. Just ignore
him or kill-file him and maybe he'll go back to whatever hole he
crawled out of. I kill-filed him myself, I don't need to read the
crap that troll spews. Whatever you do, PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

DWMeowMix
Old October 16th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 2:53 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

[...]

ROFL well, I am a rabid Broncs shouter, screamer, and hopper-up-and-
downer
and IMHO Ben made the best $6000 investment of his life there. I
didn't mean
*that* stink...LOL...I meant the Sharpie marker smell!
My cats don't spray that'[s not what I use the carpet pod for: they
eat fast and
barf soon after acting like starved pigs. Oddly enough, they *never*
do this in
the kitchen where the tiled floor is.
Again, I would be so blessed and blown away to watch NFL on Ben's
bigscreen
if I lived there I wouldn't notice if you had a live skunk in there
with us...what team
colors are black-and-white? Ah, the despised Raiders (a MileHigh
tradition).

Being from New Orleans, Ben is a died-in-the-wool Saints fan (even when we
were wearing bags over our heads)! ; By the time the Saints get to the
Superbowl, the big-screen will have rotted into dust!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 16th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

Actually, he was neutered two weeks after we took him in (the earliest
appointment we could get). He sprayed before that.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 16th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I wrote here a while back about a problem I had with both my males *and*
females spraying (in response to an intact tom I was trying to rehome).
I've go the problem under control now (with liberal use of Nature's
Miracle and other cleaning products). The problem is that the speaker
(the bottom half of my DH's 65" monstrosity of a TV) is stained. The spot
appears lighter than the black cloth. I didn't want to just start trying
products willy-nilly since this is a really expensive piece of electronic
equipment. Does anyone have a suggestion on what might remove the stain?

Nothing will remove the stain as the dye has been destroyed. You will
need to have the speaker recovered. It is not a hugely challenging task
and suitable for the DIY. The fabric is available from many online shops.

Paul

That's what I thought. Given the investment DH put into the TV, I guess
it's worth it to shell out the cost of a new cover.

Hugs,

CatNipped