Eilish, Thank you for your words of support

Old November 26th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

Default Eilish, Thank you for your words of support

Thank you everyone who posted words of support for the passing of
Eilish. This is the second morning without her and I keep waiting for
it to get better. I feel like my friends have said they are sorry
about what happened and now that is it. I am not supposed to talk
about it anymore. My husband does not want to talk about it because
it causes him pain so he just goes on like nothing has happened. And
I cannot do that. I feel like if I am happy or if I just act normally
that I am doing a disservice to Eilish. I feel like when I show love
and affection to the other pets that Eilish would be jealous. She did
not like the others. She wanted to be the only one. Has anyone had
these feelings? Thank you again for listening.
Old November 26th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Jannie" wrote in message
Thank you everyone who posted words of support for the passing of
Eilish. This is the second morning without her and I keep waiting for
it to get better. I feel like my friends have said they are sorry
about what happened and now that is it. I am not supposed to talk
about it anymore. My husband does not want to talk about it because
it causes him pain so he just goes on like nothing has happened. And
I cannot do that. I feel like if I am happy or if I just act normally
that I am doing a disservice to Eilish. I feel like when I show love
and affection to the other pets that Eilish would be jealous. She did
not like the others. She wanted to be the only one. Has anyone had
these feelings? Thank you again for listening.

You bet. When I lost my last cat, age 18-20. (She was an adult when I got
her so I am not sure of her age.)

When I lose my little Gracie, the sweetest cat I have ever seen, I will lose
it.

Come talk to us, we understand.

Old November 26th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Talk/email all you want about it. If you don't get those feelings
out, they will eat you alive. One thing that I found helpful when my
childhood cat died was to make an album/journal of her life. I
collected photos and wrote something about each one. I laughed and
cried while I was doing it, but when I was finally done (a few weeks
later), I felt much better. It was a very healing process.

While I can't understand the jealous feeling you're describing, I
think it's important to shower your other pets with affection. While
they might not have been the best of friends, there is still a loss
and I'm sure they notice it.

Eilish Could Not Be Saved Jannie Cat health & behaviour 8 November 25th 08 03:31 PM
Cat Words Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 January 11th 08 02:11 PM
too funny for words Granby Cat community 3 December 6th 07 09:36 PM
OT More New Words Matthew Cat anecdotes 2 November 29th 06 07:00 PM
New Words for the Dictionary Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 January 18th 06 05:36 AM