Intruder alert!

Old November 9th 04, 02:55 PM
jemifur

Default Intruder alert!

The townhouse next door recently acquired a new kitten. She is a gray
stripy with little black foot pads and blue eyes. Absolutely
adorable! Well, Saturday I had gone to the grocery store and had
about 15 bags to unload from the car. I left the garage door open and
began to unload. I guess the kitten was outside and took the open
garage as an invitation. Well I had the door leading from the garage
to the house open she snuck in. Simba and Pepper always come to
investigate any and all grocery bags entering the house, just incase
they have a treat. I turned from unloading a bag of food and saw both
Simba and Pepper staring in the direction of their food and water
fountain. Both looked absolutely shocked and highly offended. On
closer inspection I saw that the kitten had planted its two front feet
in the drinnkwell fountain and was drinking from the stream of water.
I have never seen either Simba or Pepper around young kittens as they
are indoor only, but I was very impressed. No hissing or fighting
even with the kitten intruding on the feeding station. Although I do
wish I had a camera to capture the extremely undignified look of my
boys Is this a good sign that if I want to add a kitten to the
household the boys will be OK? Or was the lack of hissing/fighting
simply do to the shock of seeing the cheeky little invader in the
kitchen? I will be looking to purchase a house this April or May and
would love to adopt another feline friend.

~Jemifur

The kitten has been returned to her family, but I have to say, if she
come to my house again I may not be able to resist her big blue eyes
and take her home......
Old November 9th 04, 03:03 PM
Kreisleriana

On 9 Nov 2004 06:55:32 -0800, (jemifur) yodeled:

The townhouse next door recently acquired a new kitten. She is a gray
stripy with little black foot pads and blue eyes. Absolutely
adorable! Well, Saturday I had gone to the grocery store and had
about 15 bags to unload from the car. I left the garage door open and
began to unload. I guess the kitten was outside and took the open
garage as an invitation. Well I had the door leading from the garage
to the house open she snuck in. Simba and Pepper always come to
investigate any and all grocery bags entering the house, just incase
they have a treat. I turned from unloading a bag of food and saw both
Simba and Pepper staring in the direction of their food and water
fountain. Both looked absolutely shocked and highly offended. On
closer inspection I saw that the kitten had planted its two front feet
in the drinnkwell fountain and was drinking from the stream of water.

Well no wonder! Would you want a stranger putting his feeties in your
drinking water (even tiny cute ones)?

BTW, I love the image. I love it when the little ones are
nonchalant like that. Reminds me somehow of Looney Toons-- remember
the dog Marc Anthony and his tiny kitten friend?

I have never seen either Simba or Pepper around young kittens as they
are indoor only, but I was very impressed. No hissing or fighting
even with the kitten intruding on the feeding station. Although I do
wish I had a camera to capture the extremely undignified look of my
boys Is this a good sign that if I want to add a kitten to the
household the boys will be OK? Or was the lack of hissing/fighting
simply do to the shock of seeing the cheeky little invader in the
kitchen? I will be looking to purchase a house this April or May and
would love to adopt another feline friend.

I would say it is a good sign.

The kitten has been returned to her family, but I have to say, if she
come to my house again I may not be able to resist her big blue eyes
and take her home......

At least take her picture!

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old November 9th 04, 09:31 PM
Enfilade

The kitten has been returned to her family, but I have to say, if she
come to my house again I may not be able to resist her big blue eyes
and take her home......

TWO different apartments in this hall have accidentallly shut their
cats out in the hall and I hear the crying cats and go
investigate....Mercifully each time, I found who the cats belonged to.
I don't want to imagine five cats in this apartment. Part of me
would love to love another kitty but another part of me remembers that
two students feeding four feline mouths plus their own, and paying
medical bills for mommy's conditions as well as vet bills, is
expensive.

--Fil

Old November 10th 04, 01:48 PM
jemifur

Kreisleriana wrote in message . ..
[...]

(snip)

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

I love how fearless kittens can be. They seem to know how cute they
are and probably figure (correctly) that they can get away with
anything! Seeing the little girl in my kitchen seems to have caused a
kitten fever to begin raging in my house. I have a sever weakness for
gray stripy cats, although I have never shared my home with one. I
keep telling myself to resist a trip to the local shelter....the
townhouse is to small to add another cat...really, it is....no space
at all...really....

~jemifur (and the two Bad Boys: Pepper & Simba)

Old November 10th 04, 02:34 PM
Marina

jemifur wrote:

I love how fearless kittens can be. They seem to know how cute they
are and probably figure (correctly) that they can get away with
anything! Seeing the little girl in my kitchen seems to have caused a
kitten fever to begin raging in my house. I have a sever weakness for
gray stripy cats, although I have never shared my home with one. I
keep telling myself to resist a trip to the local shelter....the
townhouse is to small to add another cat...really, it is....no space
at all...really....

This seems to be going around rpca at the moment. OK, I take that back,
kitten fever is always raging on rpca. ;o) It does sound like your boys
would easily accept a new addition, though.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 11th 04, 12:23 AM
Hans Schrøder

"jemifur" wrote in message
m...

I love how fearless kittens can be. They seem to know how cute they
are and probably figure (correctly) that they can get away with
anything! Seeing the little girl in my kitchen seems to have caused a
kitten fever to begin raging in my house. I have a sever weakness for
gray stripy cats, although I have never shared my home with one. I
keep telling myself to resist a trip to the local shelter....the
townhouse is to small to add another cat...really, it is....no space
at all...really....

I'm sorry, but it seems you're sold already... ;-) And when even the Bad
Boys have accepted her, what can you do? Go on, give it a try, and I'm sure
you all will be happy!

Hans

Movie alert Cheryl Cat anecdotes 18 June 9th 04 06:39 PM
Grandcat Brag Alert. Sherry Cat anecdotes 21 February 25th 04 05:45 AM
Neighborhood Hazard (COFFEE ALERT!) Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 10 December 22nd 03 06:51 PM
Pink Nose Alert Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 2 December 9th 03 11:54 AM
All-purr alert! Possible home for Pirate. Sheenah Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 12:15 PM