A hard-working cat rescuer who is feeding 80 cats

Old March 3rd 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
EH

Default A hard-working cat rescuer who is feeding 80 cats

http://www.fundable.com/groupactions...-28.4031034861
Old March 3rd 09, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Mar 3, 9:25*am, EH wrote:
groupactions/groupaction.2009-02-28.4031034861

Just a random thought, which is NOT a comment on this particular
situation:

One would think that there are ample local animal-rescue opportunities
that one should never need to send money across the country or even
the county. I know that within 30 miles of where I am now sitting
there are at least a dozen worthy animal-related needs - all of which
are also fully tax-deductible. And all of which will show you a
financial statement.

Further to this, if you read the fine print for "fundable - dot - com"
you will find that they take 10%, will raise money for pretty much
anything at all and also offer loans. In other words they are a for-
profit commercial enterprise.

Run, don't walk away.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old March 4th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

wrote in message
On Mar 3, 9:25 am, EH wrote:
groupactions/groupaction.2009-02-28.4031034861

Just a random thought, which is NOT a comment on this particular
situation:

One would think that there are ample local animal-rescue opportunities
that one should never need to send money across the country or even
the county. I know that within 30 miles of where I am now sitting
there are at least a dozen worthy animal-related needs - all of which
are also fully tax-deductible. And all of which will show you a
financial statement.

Further to this, if you read the fine print for "fundable - dot - com"
you will find that they take 10%, will raise money for pretty much
anything at all and also offer loans. In other words they are a for-
profit commercial enterprise.

Run, don't walk away.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Agreed! We have a local cat rescue group that does TNR for those that
cannot be homed and maintains feeding stations. Cats that are adoptable are
spay/neutered and placed in foster homes for socialization. The group has
Adopt-A-Thons twice a month when cats from foster homes are placed for
adoption (following applications and checks/evaluations of references).
They often take in many new "clients" from abusive situations or cat
"collectors." I donate to this group several times a year, but I *know*
where my money is going in this case, and it is truly for a worthy cause.

MaryL