Another impromptu poll

Old November 22nd 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Another impromptu poll

Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 22nd 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

No, Sarsi has never slept on top of me. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 22nd 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

My girls are welcome to sleep on top of me, but they disturb MY sleep
often enough by pouncing on me, so I have no qualms about forcing them
to move for my own comfort.

Old November 22nd 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

Lesley kirjoitti:
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Laku doesn't sleep *on* me, he usually sleeps between my feet, or, if
I'm on my side, behind or in front of my feet/legs. If he's hogging the
blanket, I do move him about and he doesn't get all grumpy about it. Or
if he does, he forgives and forgets and gets back to sleep...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old November 22nd 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I never can understand this. My feet are lumpy & boney. But somewhere in
the middle of the night, they're used as pillows for both Oscar and Maui.
Why this would feel comfortable for them is beyond me. I usually end up
with my feet an inch or so away from dangling off the side of my bed for
(what seems like) all night long. And, you are so right, Lesley. Dare that
I move them during THEIR sleep!! )

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old November 22nd 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 22, 9:34*am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
.. *I usually end up
with my feet an inch or so away from dangling off the side of my bed for
(what seems like) all night long.

Try this for size I share my bed with the World's greatest duvet hog
we have a kingsize and still I end up with most of front exposed to
the elements I usually manage just about enough of one corner to put
round my shoulders (for some reason I can't sleep unless I have
something wrapped round my shoulders) and enough to cover my back-
this is not a problem as Dave and me are thermally incompatible- a
mild breeze and he's reaching for the heating switches whereas I've
always (and moreso over the last couple of years for reasons any woman
past 50 will understand) not really felt the cold. (Dave's idea of
snug is my idea of a sauna!)

But what does get me is waking up with a stabbing pain in my left tit-
nope not a heart attack but Dunzi deciding it is time I should waken
to give her skritchies and more importantly breakfast so she pokes me
with a claw to get this sleeping Hoomin awake

Old November 22nd 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

---------------------

Or Maui's famous "poke". I'll be sound asleep and he'll crawl onto my
shoulder when I'm on my side. He does a balancing act up there, so in order
to stay put, he puts his paw on my nose. He literally squishes it!!
Sometimes he uses his claws, other times I can get lucky!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old November 22nd 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lucy insists on my sleeping on my side with both arms out so she can
snuggle up between them and go to sleep. If I roll over, she wakes up,
stretches and marches across my shoulders to lay between my arms on the
other side. She's got me very well trained!

When I'm sleeping in the other end of the house, Bo, after a good
snorggling session in my armpit(!) sleeps at the bottom of the bed.
Cassie will creep up and lay down alongside me and make muffins on the
blanket.

--Kim
Old November 22nd 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 22, 8:45*am, Lesley wrote:
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because to
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Yes, but only for my Barnabus.
Old November 22nd 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
Am I the only one this happens to?

Lying in bed I realise my bad shoulder is in an awkward position
and
feels a little painful I know if I do not move it soon it will get
worse and yet I lie there feeling the ache getting worse because
move it to a better position I will have to wake Sarsi who is
sound
asleep on top of me

Anyone else?

Lesley

You are pretty much describing my life. I have the sort of
arthritis that makes most of my joints do that. Stay in one
position too long and they will tighten up to where it hurts to
move. But the longer you wait the worse it will hurt, etc.

When you factor in a comfortable dog or cat along with pain now vs
pain latter, it makes it a tough call.

Especially if the dog or cat has found a really nice spot where you
are both enjoying the shared warmth.

Jo

Impromptu poll Jane Cat anecdotes 64 November 21st 09 05:48 PM
New Poll tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 9 July 31st 08 04:19 AM
Poll: How many.... Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 12 October 30th 07 01:02 AM
Poll, mostly OT, but could be . . . whatever. tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 16 October 8th 07 06:01 PM
What Do you do? A Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 296 January 29th 05 05:53 PM