Dry food, corn, and organ damage

Old January 19th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
catlady

Default Dry food, corn, and organ damage

On Jan 19, 12:53*am, "Yowie"
wrote:
As far as I know (IANAV) cats who live to a ripe old age often die of CRF,
for no other reason that tneir body is worn out, and the kidneys are the bit
that when worn out in a cat, makes the the 'wearing out' fatal. Once a cat
reaches distinctly senior years, I am not sure that reporting the cause of
death makes alot of sense, because reporting a disease seems to imply it was
preventable or at least treatable, when if it wasn't that it would be
something else.After all, old cats have to die of *something*.

To add another possibility for kidney and other issues in cats that
aren't so old (and older ones, too), an article just came out about
corn and it's causing organ damage in people. That same corn is going
into the majority of dry pet foods and could very well be causing the
same in cats:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_425195.html
Old January 19th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
catlady

On Jan 19, 3:22*pm, catlady wrote:
On Jan 19, 12:53*am, "Yowie"
wrote:

As far as I know (IANAV) cats who live to a ripe old age often die of CRF,
for no other reason that tneir body is worn out, and the kidneys are the bit
that when worn out in a cat, makes the the 'wearing out' fatal. Once a cat
reaches distinctly senior years, I am not sure that reporting the cause of
death makes alot of sense, because reporting a disease seems to imply it was
preventable or at least treatable, when if it wasn't that it would be
something else.After all, old cats have to die of *something*.

To add another possibility for kidney and other issues in cats that
aren't so old (and older ones, too), an article just came out about
corn and it's causing organ damage in people.

Correction. I meant to write rats, and that people could very well be
at risk.

same in cats:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...rn-causing_n_4...

Old January 21st 10, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Oh great. I'm sure it's going into the Taco Bell tacos that are the
basis of my existence.
Old January 22nd 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

news

wrote:

[...]

heh. Btw, when I wrote "baby" I meant "the baby." The kitten I got back in
November.